Expert Admissions Consultants
Accepted.com has been guiding and advising college and graduate school applicants since 1994. Thousands of satisfied clients have benefited from working with Accepted's unparalleled and accomplished consultants. Based in Southern California, with consultants in North America, Europe, and Asia, our international team can assist you, no matter where you are or where you want to go.
When you select Accepted to help you through the application process, not only are you assigned your own personal editor dedicated to helping you, but you are backed by a staff of uncommonly talented professionals, including former admissions directors, published authors, and PhDs. It's the best of dedicated one-on-one mentoring combined with the breadth and depth of a larger company.
Learn about our history and founder, Linda Abraham, to understand Accepted's origins and values.
Our Consultants and Editors
Not only do our consultants have the experience and expertise needed to make you stand out, they have the passion necessary to help you get accepted. It's not just what we do – it's who we are.
Get to know our consultants and you'll see why Accepted can help you get accepted! Be sure to click on our consultants' names to read more about them.
- Tanis Kmetyk: A world-class journalist, Tanis has been advising international applicants from her base in Paris since 2001.
- Michelle Stockman: Professional journalist, former Columbia Business School admissions insider, and experienced MBA admissions consultant.
- Robbie Walker: Robbie is a writer, columnist, and editor with her own MBA from Chicago Booth. She works mainly with MBA, LLM, and public policy applicants.
- Rebecca Blustein: Rebecca has experience editing application and scholarship essays at UCLA's Scholarship Resource Center.
- Natalie Grinblatt Epstein: Natalie is the former Admissions Dean/Director at 3 top business schools.
- Whitney Bruce: Involved in college admissions since 1996, Whitney has both counseled applicants to top colleges and evaluated 15,000+ applications for Washington University and University of Michigan.
- Jennifer Weld: Jennifer is the former Assistant Director of Admissions at Cornell’s EMBA program, plus has an additional 10 years of experience in higher ed and corporate marketing.
- Sheryl Neuman: Sheryl has an MD, MPH from UCLA and served as a student interviewer at UCLA Medical School. Her expertise is in medical school admissions and editing.
- Eliot Sloan: Eliot is a college writing professor specializing in the personal narrative, a journalist, writing coach, and admission counselor. She has helped applicants gain acceptance to Ivy League schools and other top programs.
- Todd King: Todd has advised successful MBA applicants to top schools since 2001. He served in the U.S. military, worked in technology and media/entertainment, and lived in China. He holds an MBA from MIT Sloan.
- Alicia Nimonkar: Alicia worked for 5 years as Student Advisor at UC Davis’ postbac program where she both evaluated applications and advised students applying successfully to med school and related programs. Currently pursuing MA in Composition and Rhetoric.
- Cindy Tokumitsu: Author of numerous articles and ebooks, Cindy has helped hundreds of applicants get accepted to top schools since 1998.
- Jennifer Bloom: Based in Israel, and author of the popular ebook, Techie's Guide to MBA Admissions, Jennifer advises international applicants to acceptances at top graduate programs.
- Judy Gruen: Award-winning author and editor with 20 years' experience, Judy's clients have been accepted to top business, law, and medical schools.
- Cydney Foote: Former administrator at the University of Washington School of Medicine. Author of three ebooks about medical education, Cyd has successfully advised MBA, medical, and residency applicants since 2001.
Started by Linda Abraham in the early 1990s, Accepted.com grew out of an editing service working with college students in West Los Angeles. Linda discovered she was repeatedly asked to edit personal statements for grad school. She realized that if she applied journalistic techniques to the personal statements she was editing, she could help applicants make their stories engaging, not merely well-written. Recognizing the demand for a service dedicated to helping graduate school applicants write revealing, compelling, and articulate essays, she founded Accepted.
When you ask Linda why she is so passionate about her work, here's what she'll tell you:
"I've always been fascinated by people's life stories. Ever since I was a young child, I have loved reading biographies. And everyone-not just the famous-has a story. Discovering that story, and helping applicants articulate it, is a fascinating process."
"Additionally, the editing process is a game to me. I was a writing tutor as an undergrad at UCLA and received excellent training there. I found then, and still find today, that figuring out the best way to express a phrase or tell a story is like solving a puzzle. Almost as good as Sudoku."
"Finally, I love hearing, 'Thank you. I'm in!'"
Learn about our talented team of consultants, who are ready to help you with your applications.