You're finally ready to tackle your graduate school statement of purpose, so you sit down, open your Word doc, and then…wait…and then wait some more…for something to happen.
Sounds like you need help getting those creative juices flowing!
The following resources will teach you what to write about in a graduate statement of purpose, how to choose your topic, and how to follow through, beginning to end, so that you end up with a final product that you're proud of.
- Leadership in Admissions, a free guide
- Audio and Video in Admissions, a free guide
- 7 Signs an Experience Belongs in Your Application Essay, a video
- Optional Essays: When and How to Write Them, a video
- Different Dimensions of Diversity, a podcast episode
- How to Write about Your Research Interests
- 4 Ways to Show How You’ll Contribute in the Future
- Writing About Your Experiences Abroad
- Add Detail to Your Social Enterprise/Community Service Goals
- Writing the Goals Essay
- The Importance of Obstacles in Your Application Essays
- How Personal is Too Personal?
- “I’m Smart, Really I Am!” How to Prove Character Traits in Essays
- What is an Accomplishment?
- 4 Ways to Display Teamwork in Application Essays
- Weakness, What Weakness?
- Resilience in the Face of Failure
- Resilience: Moving On
- Important Admissions Tip: BE YOURSELF!
For individualized assistance writing and editing your graduate school admission essay, please see Accepted's grad school personal statement services now!