Understand the question, choose a topic, mine your experiences, and come up with a compelling story that demonstrates your ability to succeed in law school and your skill and passion for a legal career. The following resources will help you during the brainstorming, outlining, and initial writing stages of your law school personal statement:
- Leadership in Admissions, a free guide
- Audio & Video in Admissions, a free guide
- 7 Signs An Experience Belongs In Your Application Essay, a short video
- The Biggest Application Essay Mistake, a short video
- Law School Applicants: Things to Think About When You Apply, a podcast episode
- 5 Tips for Your Law School Personal Statement
- How Much Should You Share in Your Personal Statement?
- Your Law School Personal Statement…It Needs to Be, Well, Personal!
- Admissions Tip: BE YOURSELF!
- 4 Application Strategy Tips: Stand Out AND Fit In
- Writing About Overcoming Obstacles in Your Application Essays
- 3 Tips for Showing Strengths in Your Application Essays
- 5 Ways to Optimize Your Online Presence Before Submitting Applications
- Approaching The Diversity Essay Question
- 5 Tips on Writing About the Immigrant Experience for Law School
- Are the Optional Law School Essays Optional?
- How I Wrote a Personal Statement that Got Me Into Harvard Law School
- Five Ways Being a Real Lawyer Isn’t like Being on Television
You've got ideas. We've got experts standing by ready to help you take those ideas and shape them into solid, cohesive, and highly impressive law school personal statements. Explore our catalog of law school personal statement services now!
"You helped me with my personal statement last year for my law school applications, and I'd like to thank you again. I'm sure your help was instrumental in my being accepted to Harvard, Virginia, Vanderbilt and Emory (full scholarship at Emory). I hope that you realize what a positive impact you have on folks' lives."
- Accepted to Harvard, Virginia, Vanderbilt and Emory