How to Write a Law School Personal Statement to Get You Accepted
You've chosen your target law schools, you've taken your LSAT, and you've begun filling out all those boxes and forms on your applications. Most of the legwork is done. Now it's time to sit down and do the hard part – writing those law school personal statements.
The resources below will help you create a masterpiece of a personal statement, whether you've already completed a draft and are looking for expert editing tips, or if you're still staring at a blank screen, trying to come up with an essay topic…or if you're anywhere in between.
- From Example to Exemplary, a free special report.
- Leadership in Admissions, a free special report.
- Essays that Stick, a free, on-demand webinar.
- Optional Essays: When and How to Write Them, a video.
- 7 Signs an Experience Belongs in Your Application Essay, a video
- The Miraculous 15-Minute ROUGH, ROUGH Draft
- First Drafts of Personal Statements: Let Yourself Go
- How to Get Started on Your Personal Statement with One Easy Technique
- The Art of the Opening Line
- Writing A Lead That Pops
- Do's and Don'ts for Your Law School Personal Statement
- Mistakes to Avoid When Applying to Law School
- Where’s the Poetry? The Secret Ingredient in Your Graduate Application Essays
- You Law School Personal Statement…It Needs to Be, Well, Personal!
- 3 Tips for Showing Strengths in Your Application Essays
- 4 Ways to Show How You’ll Contribute in the Future
- How to Give the Adcoms a Good Nap
- Approaching Short Essays
- How Personal is Too Personal?
- The Importance of Obstacles
- Athletic Appeal in Admissions
- Pick Yourself Up and Applaud
- What is Passion in Admissions?
- Ten Tips for Better Writing
- 5 Fatal Flaws to Avoid on Your Law School Application, a free special report.
- Law School Personal Statements with Pizzazz, an on-demand webinar.
- The Editing Funnel
- Scale Back on Clichés
- Writing Techniques from a Pro
- Essay Diet Tip: Slimming Down Your Obese Essay
- How to Manage Word Limits and Deadlines
- Leverage Good Grammar to Write Essays that Flow
- Metaphors in Your Application Essay
- A Six-Item Checklist before Hitting “Submit”
Are you seeking more in-depth, individualized advice for your law school personal statements? Browse Accepted's law school personal statement services to work with an experienced editor and law school admissions expert!