You've done all your brainstorming, constructed detailed outlines, and written your MBA essay drafts. You know your message is strong, but you also know that your actual writing could use some polishing—some serious editing of grammar and style—before you call it a done deal.
The following resources will provide you with expert writing and editing tips that will help you convince the adcoms that you are an intelligent, motivated, and goals-oriented MBA candidate, as well as an impressive writer and wordsmith.
- Video Tips: Essay Writing Advice from Linda Abraham
- MBA Admissions A-Z: 26 Great Tips, a free guide
- From Example To Exemplary, a free guide
- Top MBA Program Essay Questions: How to Answer Them Right!, a free guide
- Maximize Your MBA Application: 5 Tips for Succinct Essays, a free guide
- Things to Consider when Choosing an MBA Admissions Consultant, a free guide
- Resourceful Essay Recycling
- How to Get Started on Your Essays with One Easy Technique
- 5 Elements to Telling an Attention-Grabbing Story
- 4 More Elements to Telling an Attention-Grabbing Story
- The Miraculous 15-Minute ROUGH, ROUGH Draft
- 6 Tips for Getting Started on Your Application Essays
- First Drafts of Personal Statements: Let Yourself Go
- Writing A Lead That Pops
- Is Ten Days per Business School Application Enough?
- Where’s the Poetry? The Secret Ingredient in Your Graduate Application Essays
- MBA Sample Essays
Editing Your Essays
- 5 Fatal Flaws: Eliminate the 5 Most Common Flaws in Your MBA Application, a free guide
- 3 Hacks to Transform Your MBA Application, a free webinar
- Ten Tips for Better Writing
- Essay Diet Tip: Slim Down Your Obese Essay
- Leverage Good Grammar to Write Essays that Flow
- Use Vivid, Active Verbs in Your Essays
- The Essay Editing Funnel, an Outline of the Process
- Personal Statement Tip: Scale Back on Clichés
- How to Stay Within Essay Word Limits by Reducing Verbal Verbosity
- How to Manage Word Limits and Deadlines
- 3 Tips for Showing Strengths in Your Application Essays
- 3 Tips for Discussing Failure in Your MBA Application Essays
- Metaphors in Your Personal Statement or Application Essay
- A Six-Item Checklist before Hitting “Submit”
- The Waiting Game: What MBA Applicants Should Do After Hitting SUBMIT
Are you seeking more in-depth, individualized advice for your MBA application essays? Choose from Accepted's MBA essay editing services to work one-on-one with an experienced editor and admissions expert!
"I'm in! [at Stanford GSB] Thank you for your pivotal support. I really believe you made a significant impact on my application and acceptance."