For many applicants, drafting the goals essay is the most challenging element of their MBA application. It may also be the most important of the essays. Writing about your goals requires you to actually know how to define a goal; and for some of you, this may still be a bit fuzzy. In order to write a clear, convincing, and compelling goals essay, you're going to need to sit down and do some serious introspection.
Learn how to demonstrate your direction and goals as required by the MBA program of your choice.
Hone Your Goals
- Why MBA, a free guide – You can't apply to b-school until you know the answer to this question: Why do you need an MBA?
- Focus on Fit, a podcast episode – 4 steps for showing fit in your application.
- What is a Goal? – And you can't write a goals essay until you know the answer to this one!
- The Importance of Defining Your MBA Goal- Be sure you can define your MBA goals.
- MBA Goals Essay: Get Ready, Get Set, Think! – Steps to take before you start writing the goals essay.
- Get Your MBA Goals in Shape – Clarify your goals to maximize the impact of your goals essay.
Write About Your Goals
- The Art of a Gripping MBA Goals Essay, an on-demand webinar – Transform boring, drab essays into colorful, compelling, gripping essays.
- 6 Ways to Prepare for Your Compelling MBA Goals Essay – Tips for answering the "Why our school?" question.
- Writing the MBA Goals Essay – Review the essential elements of the goals essay.
- Sample MBA Goals Essay – See examples of winning MBA goals essays.
- Advice for Career Changers – How does the career changer's goals essay differ from the goals essay of a non-career changer?
- MAP Your Way to a Winning MBA Goals Essay – Discover the three key ingredients to a winning goals essay.
- 3 Ways to Back Up Your Social Enterprise Goals – Don't just say it, explain it!
- Common MBA Essay Topics – Choose essay topics that reflect the best aspects of your candidacy.
Subscribe to our blog for more information on how to construct a winning goals essay and any free MBA application advice.