MBA Admissions Interview: Tips, Sample Questions, Feedback
Services and Prices
MBA Services FAQ
MBA Interview Feedback
MBA Interview Prep
Our Best Sellers
MBA Admission for Smarties
The Finance Professional's Guide to MBA Admissions Success
The Techie's Guide to MBA Admissions
Create a Better Sequel: How to Reapply Right to Business School
Best Practices for MBA Admissions
The Consultant's Guide to MBA Admission
MBA Letters of Recommendation that Rock
MBA I.V.: MBA Interview Questions & Tips
The Nine Mistakes You Don`t Want to Make on an MBA Waitlist
The EMBA Edge: A Guide To EMBA Admissions
MBA Interview Database Search Results
Interview Date / Submission Date
11.1.2011 / 11.7.2011
Age / Gender:
25-29 / Male
Area of Study:
Indian School of Business
Date of Interview:
Type of Program:
Part Time Program Type:
How long were the interviews?:
22 minutes and 34 seconds!
Were you given options for the date of the interview?:
No - I had a 5 days heads up before the interview
Could you choose the interview's location?:
Yes - The interview was telephonic along with a skype video call.
How many interviews were scheduled?:
1 - The interview was re-scheduled once due to challenges at ISB. On the day of the interview there was delay of 10-20 minutes.
Who were the interviewers?:
Did you receive a tour?:
No - Telephonic.
What was the most difficult question?:
How do you think the economic condition is going to affect the IT industry?
What was the most interesting question?:
What do you think of the direction the IT/ITES industry is taking?
Did you receive any feedback at the end?:
Any other questions you remember?:
Below is the flow of questions:
1) Tell us something about yourself.
2) Can you explain your current role?
3) How many people report into you?
4) Could you explain details on how you dealt with XXX situation(my essay topic)? (Follow up question on project management, costing and value delivery to client.)
5) Give us an example of a time when you were leading a team and had a disgruntled employee(I mentioned I was a project manager in a project). Had a few follow up questions based on their question
6)Why a MBA?(Explained about my interest in sales)
7)What do you think of the direction the IT/ITES industry is taking?
8) How do you think the economic condition is going to affect the IT industry?
9) As a future sales manager how different will your attitude be during such economic questions.
10) Do you have any questions for us?
a) I asked them about their COE
b) Their effort to increase the influx of international students
Did you feel prepared?:
How did you prepare?:
1) Made a list of the standard B-school interview questions(from multiple sources and forums)
2)Prepared response for each of these questions along with possible follow up questions based on my responses.
3) Prepared questions on leadership,challenges and difficult situations for each of my roles and essays.
4)Conducted mock-interview with my friends(and recorded my responses)
5)Listened to my favorite music!
What was your opinion of the Faculty?:
What was your opinion of the Alumni?:
He seemed quite indifferent through out the interview. I couldn't gauge if he was impressed or disinterested in my application and responses!
What was your opinion of the Students?:
What was your opinion of the Office Personnel?:
He asked one question during the entire process. I couldn't make out if he was observing me because the camera was focused on the alumni.
What was most impressive?:
I was not very impressed by the entire process. I had hoped for the interviewers to be enthusiastic but that was not the case.
What was least impressive?:
The overall lack of interest shown by the interviewers.
Did anything change your opinion of the school?:
Yes - I was disappointed by the response of the alumni on my question-"Their effort to increase the influx of international students"
The response was- The school is trying to meet the needs of the Indian students first. And there is no pro-active approach taken by the school to attract international students.
Was there something you wish you had known ahead of time?:
Suggestions for travel to the school?:
Would be great to travel to the school and get a feel for the ground realities at the school, as opposed to making impressions based on the content available on the web.
What other advice can you offer future intervewees?:
1) Know your story in detail(challenges,highlights etc) and present concisely.
2) Research the school and the program/features that interest you.
3) DO NOT stress out over the interview process! :)
Security Tested Daily
The Highest Rating
I have been accepted! Yaaayyy!!! Thank you so much for your guidance and invaluable help in the process. You are the best!
[Accepted to INSEAD]
Join us on
Connect to us on
Follow us on
Circle us on
Subscribe to our
© Copyright Accepted.com ® 1996 - 2013. All rights reserved.
Accepted 1171 S. Robertson Blvd. #140 Los Angeles CA 90035
Phone: 1 (310) 815-9553