Med School, Residency and Fellowship Essay Tips
There are three steps to creating a winning med school, residency, or fellowship application essay or personal statement:
- Choose compelling essay topics, ones that will answer the essay question, if there is one, and provide the most room for you to highlight your best qualities and experiences;
- Compose the essay, transforming all your thoughts and ideas into words; and
- Embark on the editing and proofreading stage in which you'll clarify and clean up your writing so that it sparkles.
Writing Your Essays
- Essays that Stick, an on-demand webinar.
- From Example to Exemplary, a special report.
- 7 Signs an Experience Belongs in Your Application Essay, a video.
- Ten Tips to Get You Through the Application Season
- How to Get Started on Your Personal Statement with One Easy Technique
- 6 Tips for Getting Started on Your Application Essays
- The Miraculous 15-Minute ROUGH, ROUGH Draft
- First Drafts of Personal Statements: Let Yourself Go
- Writing a Catchy Opening Line
- Writing A Lead That Pops
- What Should I Write About? Making a Difference
- 5 Reasons Why Med Applicants Should Volunteer
- 4 Ways to Show How You’ll Contribute in the Future
- Athletic Appeal in Admissions
- The Common Thread
- Where’s the Poetry? The Secret Ingredient in Your Graduate Application Essays
- What is Passion in Admissions?
- How Personal is Too Personal
- 4 Application Strategy Tips: Stand Out AND Fit In
- 3 Tips for Showing Strengths in Your Application Essays
- Five Keys to Concreteness
- Why Use an Admissions Consultant?
- 5 Fatal Flaws, a special report.
- Yikes! My Essay is Too Long
- How to Manage Word Limits and Deadlines
- Scale Back on Clichés
- Metaphors in Your Personal Statement or Application Essay
- Writing Techniques From a Pro
- Write Positive for Power and Clarity in Your Writing
- Generic-Itis Prevention
- A Six-Item Checklist before Hitting “Submit”
- Resilience: Moving On
Do you need more individualized, in-depth advice for your med school, residency, or fellowship application essays? Choose from Accepted's med school editing or consulting services or our residency/fellowship editing or consulting services now!