There are three steps to creating a winning med school, residency, or fellowship application essay or personal statement:
- Choose compelling essay topics, ones that will answer the essay question, if there is one, and provide the most room for you to highlight your best qualities and experiences;
- Compose the essay, transforming all your thoughts and ideas into words; and
- Embark on the editing and proofreading stage in which you'll clarify and clean up your writing so that it sparkles.
- 7 Signs an Experience Belongs in Your Application Essay, a video
- How to Write a Med School Personal Statement that Captures Your Best Qualities
- First Drafts of Personal Statements: Let Yourself Go
- 6 Tips for Getting Started on Your Application Essays
- The Miraculous 15-Minute ROUGH, ROUGH Draft
- The 5-Step Guide to Successful Medical School Statements, a free webinar
- From Example to Exemplary, a free guide
- The Biggest Application Essay Mistake, a video
- 3 Essential Components of a Personal Statement
- What Not to Do in a Personal Statement
- 5 Things to Avoid in Your Med School Personal Statement
- 4 Application Strategy Tips: Stand Out AND Fit In
- 3 Tips for Showing Strengths in Your Application Essays
- 5 Elements to Telling an Attention-Grabbing Story
- 4 More Elements to Telling an Attention-Grabbing Story
- How Personal is Too Personal?
- Passion = Action + Dedication
- 4 Ways to Show How You’ll Contribute in the Future
- Can I Use Humor In My Application Essays?
- 5 Fatal Flaws, a free guide
- How to Edit Your Application Essays, a podcast episode
- 10 Tips for Better Essay Writing
- How to Use Good Grammar to Create Essays That Flow
- Dangerous Cliches to Avoid [A Poem]
- How to Stay Within Essay Word Limits by Reducing Verbal Verbosity
Do you need more individualized, in-depth advice for your med school, residency, or fellowship application essays? Choose from Accepted's med school editing or consulting services or our residency/fellowship editing or consulting services now!
"I am very HAPPY that I found you guys to help me out with my essay. Cydney was great. Each of my interviewers were very impressed with my essay. Again, thanks for your service. Hopefully, in a couple of years you will hear from me again when it is time for me to apply for my residency. (Accepted to 3 medical schools)"