2004 UCLA Anderson MBA Admissions Chat with Linda Baldwin

2004 UCLA Anderson MBA Admissions Chat with Linda Baldwin

Please feel free to let us know if you would like to be informed of future chats by sending e-mail to chat@accepted.com. We would also be interested in knowing if you would prefer a different format or different topics.

Chat Transcript:

Linda Abraham (Dec 15, 2003 8:58:11 PM)
First I want to welcome you all to Accepted.com's UCLA Anderson School of Business Admissions Chat.

Linda Abraham (Dec 15, 2003 8:58:33 PM)
I also want to welcome Linda Baldwin, Director of Admissions; Craig Hubbell, Associate Director (International); and Wes Hawk, Associate Director of Admissions.  And last but not least, I want to welcome Paul Bodine, an Accepted.com editor.

Linda Abraham (Dec 15, 2003 8:58:51 PM)
Thanks to everyone for joining.

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 8:59:24 PM)
Craig is not able to join us, he has the flu.

Linda Abraham (Dec 15, 2003 8:59:43 PM)
Welcome Linda.

Johnny Fairplay (Dec 15, 2003 9:00:29 PM)
How is application volume this year?

Janqs (Dec 15, 2003 9:00:35 PM)
I think I heard someone from Anderson say that GMAT scores for International students are reviewed within the pool of applicants from their own countries. Did I hear right? Is this true for Anderson? Do you know if this is true for other schools?

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:01:26 PM)
Applications are down this year for the first round however we expect the second round to be better based on the attendees at our events.

Johnny Fairplay (Dec 15, 2003 9:01:28 PM)
When will first round acceptances go out?

sandrat (Dec 15, 2003 9:01:37 PM)
Will all admitted students be interviewed and if so, when will Round 1 applicants get the interview invitation? What interview options do international applicants have?

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:02:06 PM)
First round decisions will be sent out by January 21st.

Jen (Dec 15, 2003 9:02:18 PM)
Do you categorize a candidate who is an American citizen but grew up out of the US as International?

freakymantra (Dec 15, 2003 9:03:38 PM)
It might sound like a trite question but how much emphasis is placed upon the scores for the GMAT? A rough percentage might be useful.

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:03:58 PM)
International GMATs are assessed based on their strength in comparison to all applicants. We do, in addition, take into consideration the GMAT scores of other applicants from that same country. I don't know the policy of other schools.

Jen (Dec 15, 2003 9:04:12 PM)
Regarding the budget cutting of California – Did it have any influence on the program? – i.e., any closing of classes or limited capacities to be set?

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:04:30 PM)
We try to interview as many applicants as possible. As for invitations on Round 1 applications, those will be going out shortly and will continue to go out as we read files in the next few weeks. As for applicants outside of the LA area, we will request that you interview with an alumni in your area.

cw (Dec 15, 2003 9:05:05 PM)
Follow-up to the question about interviews: What about interview invitations in New York, Boston, etc - Will all admitted US students be offered an alumni interview?

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:05:54 PM)
The GMAT is just one of the items that we look at in an application. We look at academic ability, leadership, work experience, and breadth of life experiences. We evaluate applicants’ prospects as future leaders and their projected ability to succeed in and profit from the MBA Program.

Jen (Dec 15, 2003 9:06:00 PM)
What is the strength you have in International Business, compared to other MBA programs?

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:06:11 PM)
Jen, the candidate would be viewed as a domestic applicant, even though they grew up outside the US.

PG (Dec 15, 2003 9:06:49 PM)
How is the recruiting for UCLA grads in the pharmaceutical/ biotech industry? Does the school have strong ties with any companies in these fields?

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:06:50 PM)
Jen, no, the budget cuts didn't impact the MBA program.

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:07:26 PM)
cw - we will attempt to interview all admitted US students. Those outside of LA will be matched with an alumni in your area.

sandrewz (Dec 15, 2003 9:07:47 PM)
If an applicant does not get accepted in R1, will he/she be considered in R2?

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:07:53 PM)
Jen, we don't do comparisons since we do not have full knowledge of other MBA program offerings in this area.

MBA05 (Dec 15, 2003 9:08:47 PM)
Hi Linda, I want to know if someone has recently shifted to a new job (6 months back), can he submit both the recommendations from previous employers (3 years with them)?

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:09:01 PM)
sandrewz - if an applicant is put on the waitlist they will be considered at a future date, however once a candidate is denied they will not be considered during later rounds.

AHoward (Dec 15, 2003 9:09:55 PM)
Who are some of the big finance industry recruiters in the LA area?

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:10:38 PM)
PG: Anderson students are recruited by a number of biotech/pharmaceutical companies. This has been increasing with Amegen and Baxter well-represented in terms of the larger companies for both summer internships and full-time offers.

PG (Dec 15, 2003 9:10:51 PM)
Thanks Linda.

etalvina (Dec 15, 2003 9:10:54 PM)
Do you encourage extra background info regarding undergrad institutions in Europe (France) in order to show overall reputation/rankings or should we consider you know exactly the rankings for each institution/country?

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:11:10 PM)
MBA05 - all we ask is that you ask someone who knows your work well and, preferably, in a supervisory capacity, write the letters of recommendation.

etalvina (Dec 15, 2003 9:11:17 PM)
What is UCLA’s east coast reputation? I saw seven percent of grads work in NY: Is it mainly Wall Street or are there some entertainment jobs too?

cw (Dec 15, 2003 9:12:15 PM)
I am in New York and was not able to visit the campus - however, I feel I have done the due diligence to know I want to attend if admitted, and can visit the campus in February. Will it adversely hurt my chances that I didn't interview/visit?

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:13:47 PM)
etalvina - You do not need to send any extra background info regarding undergrad institutions in Europe. We have a good understanding of schools in those countries.

sandrewz (Dec 15, 2003 9:14:06 PM)
Does military experience count for work experience?

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:14:14 PM)
AHoward - The big finance recruiters include, Goldman Sachs, Banc of America Securities, Citigroup, Merrill Lynch & Co., Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan, Bear Stearns, The Capital Group, El Dorado Ventures, Dimensional Fund Advisors and more.

MBA05 (Dec 15, 2003 9:14:32 PM)
Thanks weshawk. But I just wanted to confirm, will it have any negative effects on my file if I do not take recommendations from my current supervisor?

DBD (Dec 15, 2003 9:15:11 PM)
A follow up to the finance recruiters question--How successful have recent UCLA grads been at finding jobs in the investment management industry in the LA area, and particularly, in alternative investments?

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:16:07 PM)
cw - Although interviews are not required, many applicants find that an interview offers a way to personalize their application. But it will not hurt your chances if you can not make it out to LA to interview before you apply.

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:16:39 PM)
etalvina - that was last years number; however as the market recovers, recruiting as been brisk for summer interns. We have a strong presence in NYC, London, Tokyo, Mexico City and even places like Minneapolis, Atlanta, Chicago, Seattle.

Jen (Dec 15, 2003 9:16:55 PM)
My company has a rule that no directors can promote any employees to leave - i.e., writing a recommendation letter would breach this. In such case, would letters by coworker be fine?

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:18:03 PM)
MBA05 - I see, no it shouldn't effect your file that it isn't from a current supervisor.  In essay #4 you may want to have a sentence or two on why you thought it was best not to go to your current employer, e.g. didn't want them to know you were thinking of leaving or just started there so they don't know you as well.

etalvina (Dec 15, 2003 9:18:29 PM)
December 29th is the Round 2 deadline for supplementary material: Is this postmark or date received? If I want to FedEx my supplementary materials, what is the address? (is it the regular admissions address)?

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:18:38 PM)
sandrewz - yes, military experience does count for work experience.

etalvina (Dec 15, 2003 9:18:57 PM)
EMP (entertainment management): How easy is it to take classes in the Producers Program? EMP Anderson electives (strictly speaking) seem limited in number (5 overall – 1 in development): Am I missing something?

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:19:24 PM)
etalvina, the NYC presence is strongly Wall Street however there are alumni in marketing at American Express, L'Oreal, Avon, Pepsi, ABC Television; also alumni who are in consulting, at pharmaceuticals in the NJ area.

Paul_Bodine (Dec 15, 2003 9:20:09 PM)
What information do you like to receive from applicants in your essay 1 (summary of personal background)?

Janqs (Dec 15, 2003 9:21:01 PM)
What is the lowest GMAT score that you have ever accepted at Anderson? Do you recommend any particular Math classes for those who want to use them as part of their application?

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:22:17 PM)
etalvina, we like to have the application and materials postmarked for Dec 29th; we will accept supplemental materials up to a week after that date. Please go to www.mba.anderson.ucla.edu  for the address.

cw (Dec 15, 2003 9:22:36 PM)
Do you know when the new dean will be announced?

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:22:37 PM)
Hi Jen - In the case that you can't get your current supervisor to write a letter of recommendation, we encourage you to think of someone else you worked closely with and whom you trust. Perhaps a supervisor from another department, a former boss who left the company, a client. In any case, you want to ask someone who knows your work well and, preferably, in a supervisory role.

Jen (Dec 15, 2003 9:23:56 PM)
Thank you, Wes!

etalvina (Dec 15, 2003 9:24:14 PM)
Thanks, Linda.

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:25:07 PM)
Paul B - Essay 1, we are just looking for a summary of your personal background - we are trying to get to know you as a person and read a unique story or two about your life. This essay helps us understand who you are and helps the application come to life and become unique.

AHoward (Dec 15, 2003 9:25:07 PM)
How does Anderson view reapplicants? Is the admittance percentage any higher or lower for reapps as for the general application pool?

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:25:45 PM)
DBD, the investment management industry recruits individuals a little differently. Students who are successful have been involved in SIF, the Student Invest Fund and typically are active in the Investment/Finance club which has a sub committee focused on investment mgt./private equity/VC.

freakymantra (Dec 15, 2003 9:26:01 PM)
But how does a personal essay help in evaluating candidacy or potential for an MBA?

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:26:40 PM)
cw- at this point I don't now when the new dean will be announced.

DBD (Dec 15, 2003 9:26:58 PM)
I have a number of good reasons to attend UCLA but one of them includes the fact that my family lives in CA and I would like to be closer to them. Is this something that should be addressed in the application or is it better left out?

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:29:11 PM)
Ahoward - reapplicants are viewed in the same pool as every other applicant. However, for a reapplicant, we just ask that they provide an additional letter of recommendation and an essay which explains what has changed since last year. Being a reapplicant does not help nor hinder you compared to other applicants.

go-bears (Dec 15, 2003 9:30:02 PM)
What percentage of your class is focused on non profit management?

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:30:02 PM)
Janqs, I think the lowest GMAT score was around 500, however that candidate had super grades. My recommendation for a math class would be dependent upon the individuals prior background, but generally a business calculus class or a stats class is your best bet to prepare for b-school.

Janqs (Dec 15, 2003 9:31:16 PM)
Thank you, Linda!

sandrat (Dec 15, 2003 9:31:27 PM)
Will Round 1 decisions be released on a rolling basis or all at the same time on Jan 21?  How will the decisions be released? email, web status, phone calls?

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:32:48 PM)
freakymantra - It helps us gain a better understanding of who the person is and it helps the application become unique as we are reading them. Since everybody has a different story and background to tell in that essay, it truly makes every application unique.

sandrewz (Dec 15, 2003 9:33:02 PM)
Does it sound realistic for someone to pursue an MBA in the subject of finance when his work experience and undergraduate work is in computers?

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:33:06 PM)
etalvina, the Producers Programs has a limited number of slots available to Anderson students; I have heard no complaints in the past years about getting access to a class.  The number of electives offer by Anderson that are entertainment focused are not many however, students generally utilize academic internships and independent study electives to gain more knowledge and exposure to that industry. In addition you can do a Field Study, a part of the AMR, with an entertainment company to gain additionally experience/exposure.

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:34:23 PM)
DBD - If that is one of your reasons for wanting to attend UCLA, then by all means include it, we want to know all of the reasons.

PG (Dec 15, 2003 9:34:33 PM)
How do you view career switchers - is that something that you view positively at UCLA?

Jen (Dec 15, 2003 9:36:12 PM)
Would a high TOEFL score compensate for low verbal GMAT?

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:37:22 PM)
Sandrat - admit decisions are made and sent on a weekly basis beginning the third week of December.  Decisions are emailed. Deny and waitlist decisions are made closer to the deadline mail out date.

sandrat (Dec 15, 2003 9:39:33 PM)
Thanks, Linda.

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:39:39 PM)
go-bears! A good portion of our class is interested in non-profit management and venture philanthropy...and the Center for Environmental Management is also popular. However, in the past the % that actually goes directly into that field is about 3%, but it has been increasing.

sandrat (Dec 15, 2003 9:40:46 PM)
Linda, how many readers read an application before a decisions is made?

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:41:37 PM)
PG - as long as you can make a case for the career switch based on prior work experience/exposure, outside involvements or education exposure  will be fine.

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:41:38 PM)
Sandrewz - the sky is the limit for our graduates! Actually if you have a good reason for a career switch and have done research on what it will take to make it into a new industry, than a switch is possible. Many of the people that attend end up making a career transition.

Linda Abraham (Dec 15, 2003 9:42:31 PM)
BTW, we have an article with advice for career changers at http://www.accepted.com/mba/careerchanger.aspx .

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:42:40 PM)
Sandrat - Applications are read between two to five times before the committee makes a decision.

sandrewz (Dec 15, 2003 9:42:58 PM)
Sounds encouraging, thanks.

Johnny Fairplay (Dec 15, 2003 9:43:02 PM)
So acceptances will start going out today?

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:43:14 PM)
Jen, we look at TOEFL, AWA and verbal GMAT ---all are considered, there really isn't a compensation factor since most applicants are fairly competitive across the board.

ak (Dec 15, 2003 9:43:18 PM)
How about Anderson's alum presence in the Midwest - Is it mainly in the Chicago area?

cw (Dec 15, 2003 9:43:56 PM)
Linda, you say application numbers are down so far. Have you seen application diversity down as well - i.e. people applying from various backgrounds?

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:44:01 PM)
Johnny Fairplay, acceptances will probably go out before the end of the week.

PG (Dec 15, 2003 9:44:06 PM)
Are admissions decisions equally distributed in all rounds or are more acceptances sent out in earlier rounds?

MBA05 (Dec 15, 2003 9:44:44 PM)
Hi Linda, could you please address my question on official GMAT score? If it does not reach you before Dec. 29, will you consider me for the second deadline? I have already requested ETS to send you TOEFL/GMAT score.

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:44:58 PM)
ak- Anderson alumni presence is strong in Minneapolis, Cincinnati, St. Louis as well as Chicago.

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:45:02 PM)
cw - no the application diversity and quality of the applicant pool is just as strong as last year, just the volume is slightly down.

CSRUF (Dec 15, 2003 9:45:30 PM)
Linda- Since Anderson's Real Estate Program is fairly new, what steps is the school taking to become more competitive with Haas's Center for Real Estate?

uclaapp (Dec 15, 2003 9:45:45 PM)
Is it possible to overcome an average GMAT score or a low GPA in your eyes?

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:46:55 PM)
MBA05 - If you are a Round 2 applicant, as long as you take the test before the end of December it will be fine. ETS will send us the scores directly and they usually do so in a very timely manner.

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:47:23 PM)
PG - No. Admissions decisions are not equally distributed across the rounds. While candidates are admitted from all rounds, more are admitted in the earlier rounds 1-3.

sandrewz (Dec 15, 2003 9:48:44 PM)
How would you rate job placement after graduation? What would help a student have an easier time finding a job after graduation?

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:48:57 PM)
uclaapp - we look for academic ability, leadership, work experience, and breadth of life experiences. We evaluate applicants’ prospects as future leaders and their projected ability to succeed in and profit from the MBA Program. The GMAT and GPA are just two items that we look at in the entire application.

PG (Dec 15, 2003 9:49:27 PM)
Thanks.

freakymantra (Dec 15, 2003 9:49:55 PM)
Hi Linda.  Does the recommendation letter from a "higher title" make a difference (say a VP versus a Director's recommendation)?

tops (Dec 15, 2003 9:51:39 PM)
Do you look at the prestige and hiring practice of the company applicants are currently working for to determine strength?

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:51:45 PM)
CSRUF, while the Ziman Real Estate Center is fairly new, we have had strong presence in the real estate industry for some time. The first director of the Real Estate Program was Kathleen O'Connell, Treasurer of California, and a developer. I think the course offerings, the student organization AREA and faculty are exceptional. Please check the club information to get a sense of the activities offered and the companies as well as the industry speakers who seek to interact with Anderson students.

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:51:58 PM)
sandrewz - the Career Management Center www.anderson.ucla.edu/resources/cmc  has worked with students and together they have done a great job in finding careers. As for making it easier to find a job after graduation - preparation is key. The CMC will work with you from Orientation to start developing a plan that is right for you. As long as you do much research, via informational interviews with alumni, current students, etc. then you will do fine.

Linda Abraham (Dec 15, 2003 9:52:41 PM)
Actually, I remember the real estate program being new when I went to UCLA. I graduated in 1979. So it's been around, perhaps in different forms, but it certainly isn't new.

Pochi (Dec 15, 2003 9:52:59 PM)
Adding to CSRUF's question... Does acing an additional Math course give you confidence in accepting an applicant with a weak quant. GMAT?

Jonathan_K (Dec 15, 2003 9:53:21 PM)
How are UCLA Extension courses viewed by the admissions committee? Do you feel the grades are inflated compared to regular UCLA undergrad courses?

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:54:29 PM)
tops - In terms of work experience, we do not make a distinction with regards to industry or job function, but with what specifically you have participated in, especially in terms of leadership roles. We do take into account which company/companies you have worked for, but again we look at what you have done in your role.

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:56:22 PM)
Pochi - If somebody has a weaker GMAT quant we do look at their transcript(s) to see if they have taken any quant courses, and if they have done well in those, that will be taken into consideration.

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:56:48 PM)
freakymantra - the recommendation should come from someone who can attest to your impact on an organization and can specifically address your contributions. If that person is the CEO than that's fine; if it is a director that's also fine--whoever is able to give us a good sense of what you have accomplished, your character and future potential; also someone who has a sense of the organization and where you might be moving within it.

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 9:58:26 PM)
Jonathan_k - UCLA Extension courses are viewed just like any other extension course. We feel that UCLA offers very good courses and take those grades seriously.

AHoward (Dec 15, 2003 9:58:47 PM)
To follow up on Pochi's question, what would you consider a weak quant GMAT score?

Pochi (Dec 15, 2003 9:59:15 PM)
Thank you Wes!! But what if they haven't had any quant courses in undergrad... I guess my question would be..,. how do you deal with Liberal Arts grads with low Quant GMAT? Would it help to take a couple additional Math class in that case to give you more confidence in accepting them?

MBA05 (Dec 15, 2003 10:00:11 PM)
What would be a weak verbal score??

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 10:01:34 PM)
AHoward & MBA05- We do not have a cut off score for GMAT-Q, V, or total GMAT. We look at the overall application so the GMAT is really just one data point that we look at. What we can tell you is that our median GMAT score last year was 703, with the middle 80% scores ranging from 650-730

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 10:01:34 PM)
Pochi, additional math coursework with a grade of "A" does build confidence in the candidates ability to perform particularly if it is in statistics and business calculus.

neil (Dec 15, 2003 10:02:42 PM)
I have heard that generally Recommenders generally rate their candidates as above average. How does the admissions committee gauge a person's candidature from such texts.

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 10:05:04 PM)
Neil - We can gain valuable information from Letters of Recommendation. It is true that they are skewed to the positive, but they do provide us with key insights.

freakymantra (Dec 15, 2003 10:05:19 PM)
Thanks Linda and Wes.

Pochi (Dec 15, 2003 10:05:24 PM)
Would "Mathematics for Management" AND "Business Statistics from UCLA" extension be helpful?

Guest (Dec 15, 2003 10:05:29 PM)
Thanks.

Jen (Dec 15, 2003 10:05:56 PM)
Hi Linda, would someone working for a major firm with higher title considered better over someone who worked for smaller company with a lower title?

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 10:06:24 PM)
Pochi, we would prefer a more rigorous course than Management. The Business Stats course is okay.

Jen (Dec 15, 2003 10:06:26 PM)
Thank you for your generosity.

uclaapp (Dec 15, 2003 10:06:43 PM)
How much do interviews factor into your decisions?

freakymantra (Dec 15, 2003 10:07:05 PM)
Linda, I had the exact question as neil...how seriously can you take recommendation letters when all applicants will have strong recommendations?

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 10:07:42 PM)
Pochi, I would prefer a business calculus course to Math for Management.

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 10:07:45 PM)
Hi Jen - your job title does not really matter when we are reviewing an application. We take a look at what you have done in your job, what leadership positions you have taken, etc.

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 10:09:34 PM)
uclaapp - We look at the overall application when making a decision. Thus interviews, although not required, are used by some as a way to personalize their application. It again is just one part of the larger application that we look at.

neil (Dec 15, 2003 10:10:07 PM)
Do students with similar backgrounds get pooled for an admissions decisions or each person is treated on an individual basis?

Jen (Dec 15, 2003 10:10:33 PM)
Can you have telephone interview for those candidates who cannot come to LA, or don't have alum in his/her region?

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 10:10:57 PM)
Hi Neil - each applicant is treated on an individual basis.

Mark (Dec 15, 2003 10:11:00 PM)
In writing the essay associated with family, friends and experience growing up, what is it that you are looking for?  I have struggled with the question given that I am not sure how this adds value.

Linda Abraham (Dec 15, 2003 10:11:37 PM)
Mark, Linda and Wes answered that earlier and explained that it's main purpose is to allow them to get to know you and where you are coming from.

weshawkUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 10:12:39 PM)
Jen - We do not telephone interview candidates, but luckily we have a very extensive alumni network that is able to interview throughout the world.

Linda Abraham (Dec 15, 2003 10:13:39 PM)
Thank you again all for participating this evening. Special thanks to Linda and Wes for their efforts and answers this evening.

LindaBaldwinUCLA (Dec 15, 2003 10:13:46 PM)
freakymantra, while letters of recommendation maybe characterized as positive, they provide specific insights that are not always positive. Moreover, they elaborate on areas that can affirm and/or shed a different light on our initial assessment of an applicant from our read of their essays or from an interview evaluation.

Linda Abraham (Dec 15, 2003 10:14:04 PM)
We look forward to seeing you at future chats. Here is a list of currently scheduled chats:

Linda Abraham (Dec 15, 2003 10:14:14 PM)
Haas - 12/17 at 10:00AM PT/1:00 PM ET/6:00 PM GMT Chicago 12/18 at 10:00AM PT/1:00 PM ET/6:00 PM GMT European chat 1/7 at 10:00AM PT/1:00 PM ET/6:00 PM GMT (with CMU, Cornell, Darden, and Indiana) MIT - 1/8

Linda Abraham (Dec 15, 2003 10:14:35 PM)
Please check http://www.accepted.com/chat/schedule.aspx#mba  for exact times and details.

uclaappl (Dec 15, 2003 10:14:53 PM)
When will this transcript be up? Thanks.

Linda Abraham (Dec 15, 2003 10:15:02 PM)
It should go up late this week or early next.

neil (Dec 15, 2003 10:15:08 PM)
Thank You.

Jen (Dec 15, 2003 10:15:26 PM)
Thank you all!

Linda Abraham (Dec 15, 2003 10:15:41 PM)
Thank you for coming!

cw (Dec 15, 2003 10:15:48 PM)
Thanks Linda and Wes.

AHoward (Dec 15, 2003 10:16:19 PM)
Thanks Wes and Linda...and good luck everyone!

MBA Chat Transcript Index || Chat Room