2008 Cornell Johnson MBA Admissions Chat with Randall Sawyer

2008 Cornell Johnson MBA Admissions Chat with Randall Sawyer

Please feel free to let us know if you would like to be informed of future chats by sending an e-mail to chat@accepted.com. We would also be interested in knowing if you would prefer a different format or different topics.

Linda Abraham (Oct 24, 2007 12:59:55 PM)
Hello. My name is Linda Abraham. I am the founder of Accepted.com and the moderator of today’s chat. First I want to welcome all applicants to the Cornell Johnson chat today, and I want to congratulate you for taking the time to learn more about Johnson’s MBA program. To make a sound decision about where to apply and to get accepted, you need to know as much as you can about the schools you are applying to. Being here today allows you to ask the experts about this outstanding business school. I also want to welcome Randall Sawyer, Johnson’s Director of Admissions; Kim Vaughan, Admissions Service Representative; and Laurie Shunney, Admissions Service Representative.

Linda Abraham (Oct 24, 2007 1:00:19 PM)
Thanks to everyone for joining.

KimVaughanCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:00:20 PM)
Hi everyone!

John W (Oct 24, 2007 1:01:03 PM)
Hello. My first question is about the Cayuga Fund. I am interested in investment research/management and was wondering if many first-year MBA's get a chance to participate in fund activities?

RandallSawyerCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:01:21 PM)
Hi John, thanks for the question.  The Cayuga Fund is currently at about $13 million and is managed by 21 fund managers.

MBAhopeful2008 (Oct 24, 2007 1:01:32 PM)
Laurie: Hello there. I noticed that last year’s notification date was mid-November. This year’s date is close to mid-December. Why the extra month for this year?

blueboy (Oct 24, 2007 1:01:39 PM)
First up, thanks Linda for organizing this chat.

Linda Abraham (Oct 24, 2007 1:01:44 PM)
You're most welcome.

mba2010 (Oct 24, 2007 1:01:56 PM)
Kim: How long after your application is submitted do you receive the essay for the Park Fellowship?

Linda Abraham (Oct 24, 2007 1:02:12 PM)
Randall: Are the fund managers all Johnson students?

KimVaughanCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:02:28 PM)
Hi, mba2010. People who applied in Round 1 will get the Park essay question within the next 2 weeks.

LaurieShunneyCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:02:36 PM)
We established the notification so students in Round one would know their decisions before the holidays.

RandallSawyerCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:02:44 PM)
As a first year you will have limited participation in the Fund, but will be using the Parker Center platform and software to do research for your IB classes.

MBAhopeful2008 (Oct 24, 2007 1:02:47 PM)
Kim: Hello there. So far, for R1, how’s the volume of applications? Up? Down?

MP (Oct 24, 2007 1:03:26 PM)
Randall: What do you look for in applicants? What are the characteristics of successful applicants?

KimVaughanCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:03:26 PM)
Hi, MBAhopeful! We're up 35% for R1 this year -- it's pretty exciting!

Christopher (Oct 24, 2007 1:03:46 PM)
Kim: When do you anticipate beginning the interview process?

sm2323 (Oct 24, 2007 1:04:00 PM)
Laurie: What percentage of admitted students get scholarships?

KimVaughanCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:04:18 PM)
Hi, Christopher! We'll be starting to invite interviews within the next few days. It will continue throughout the round -- it takes a while to process and review all the applications!

LaurieShunneyCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:05:12 PM)
Sm2323- we review applicants for scholarship consideration if they check the box on the application. We offer scholarships to about one-third of the students. Scholarships are merit-based.

Ku (Oct 24, 2007 1:05:16 PM)
Kim: Hello there, Cornell requires only two essays with pretty few words minimum. I find there’s occasion that it’s hard to elaborate in the limited space. What’s your suggestion and what do you expect most from applicant’s essay ?

John W (Oct 24, 2007 1:05:26 PM)
Great, thank you Randall.

RandallSawyerCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:05:31 PM)
Hi MP--good question. We are looking for well rounded students who understand the value of a great MBA does not rest just with the academics, but also in the experience and networking that occurs. We want strong academics, great work experience and good extracurricular activities.

sm2323 (Oct 24, 2007 1:05:35 PM)
Laurie: Which consulting firms come to Cornell for campus placement?

g.wuebben (Oct 24, 2007 1:05:51 PM)
Randall: I'm a real estate professional. I've spoken with numerous real estate professionals at Johnson and numerous alumni in the industry. Is there any talk of creating a real estate immersion?

LaurieShunneyCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:06:24 PM)
sm2323: We welcome recruiters from Bain, McKinsey, Deloite, Accenture, BCG, and more.

MBAhopeful2008 (Oct 24, 2007 1:06:47 PM)
Laurie: I have a twofold question: Cornell’s average GMAT score jumped from 660 to 680 in a 2 year span. Does that mean that, currently, the Adcom gives more importance to the GMAT than in the past? What is the targeted average GMAT score for this year?

KimVaughanCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:06:51 PM)
Ku, it can be harder to write a short essay than a long one. Try to write it in a way that conveys a sense of who you are as a person. I recommend writing a couple versions and asking your friends/family to vote on which one they find most compelling.

Christopher (Oct 24, 2007 1:07:04 PM)
Kim: Ballpark, what % of R1 will receive an invitation to interview?

LaurieShunneyCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:07:48 PM)
Our target GMAT score for this year will probably be between 690-700.

KimVaughanCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:07:49 PM)
Ballpark, I'd say about half of the applicants get invited to interview, and half of those get accepted. It varies from year to year, of course, depending on the applicant pool.

Ku (Oct 24, 2007 1:08:03 PM)
Laurie: Word limit of essay is “strictly” required not to be more than 400? Or just recommended? If my essay has around 440 words, must I trim it down?

mba2010 (Oct 24, 2007 1:08:24 PM)
Kim: Hello, when is professor Stu Hart returning to Cornell?

LaurieShunneyCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:08:49 PM)
Ku, I would say to trim your essay.

RandallSawyerCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:08:49 PM)
Hi G.wuebben --thanks for the question. We have a number of immersions already in place and while there is not talk of a RE immersion right now, that does not preclude it from being established. We are seeing a strong interest in dual degree MBA/RE programs over the past couple of years and as such, an RE immersion might be in the future. However, about 10% of our students customize their immersion and we can certainly do so for those students.

KimVaughanCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:08:52 PM)
Stu Hart will be returning in August 2008, and will be back periodically throughout this year as well to help with the Immersions.

blueboy (Oct 24, 2007 1:09:02 PM)
Randall: I would like to know the admissions committee's take on the additional essay question. Should it be used only to provide explanation for extenuating circumstances or can it be used to talk about additional facets of the applicant's candidacy.

MP (Oct 24, 2007 1:09:56 PM)
Kim: Is there any advantage to applying in the earlier rounds?

rambling_man (Oct 24, 2007 1:10:23 PM)
Laurie: Is Johnson re-applicant friendly? I ask that because Johnson has a different policy than most other schools (no prior info is retained).

RandallSawyerCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:11:23 PM)
Hi blueboy, thanks for the question. I really enjoy reading the optional essay for several reasons. It allows candidates to address what they consider to be their weak spots; it also allows us to see, in some cases, a very personal side of the candidate--if they have had an illness, death in the family or personal struggle that they want to share with us as it relates to undergrad grades or other issues with their application. Use it to your advantage to tell us more about you.

KimVaughanCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:11:45 PM)
The best strategy is to work on your application until it is as strong as you can make it, and then submit regardless of what round it is. That said, if you can get it done for R2 instead of R3, it might be wise -- it's hard to know how many applicants we'll get and what the yield will be. Note: in R4, there is no merit-based scholarship and no Park fellowship. The R3 deadline is Jan 9.

John W (Oct 24, 2007 1:11:50 PM)
Randall: For those interested in finance, do most recruiters come with positions available in NYC or are there many opportunities for work in other major cities?

Ku (Oct 24, 2007 1:12:03 PM)
Kim: I heard consulting focus just emerged around 2005 or 2006. Could you introduce consulting focus? Currently, how’s the placement situation in the consulting area?

LaurieShunneyCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:12:04 PM)
Rambling: The Johnson School welcomes re-applicants. We ask for an additional essay from reapplicants and look for improvements since their last application. We also review prior information and compare the new application with the previous application.

Ku (Oct 24, 2007 1:12:05 PM)
I have an interest in consulting. In addition to curriculum (consulting focus), any other resources that you’re proud of that will help this pursuit? What are typical consulting companies that will have on-campus recruiting ?

sm2323 (Oct 24, 2007 1:12:14 PM)
Thanks Laurie. By merit-based you mean the academic records of an applicant? Or even other factors like diversity, work exp also play a role?

LaurieShunneyCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:13:28 PM)
SM: We look at the same criteria for scholarships and admissions. We certainly consider the entire application and we always look for diversity and leadership experience.

MBAhopeful2008 (Oct 24, 2007 1:13:38 PM)
Thanks Laurie. Why does Cornell feel the need to increase its average GMAT score?

KimVaughanCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:13:52 PM)
Ku, consulting is one of the options for the Customized Immersion. Placement has been fantastic. We've been doing events with Deloitte, have good connections with Bain, McKinsey, etc. There's a Consulting Passport program.

sm2323 (Oct 24, 2007 1:14:02 PM)
Thanks Laurie.

g.wuebben (Oct 24, 2007 1:14:20 PM)
Kim: What is the typical background for those students admitted into BR Venture? Can students with atypical backgrounds break in?

LaurieShunneyCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:14:40 PM)
As the applicant pool increases, we look for students with excellent performance in all areas. The GMAT is one of the many criteria we review. GMAT scores indicate potential for strong performance in the core management courses.

RandallSawyerCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:15:45 PM)
Hi JohnW--love the bulldog or pug symbol you are sporting--regarding finance opportunities--we have a worldwide reach in this area and recruiters come in from the major finance centers of course--NY and London--but also from around the world. We have strong placement domestically for finance and internationally--it many times depends where you want to be and working with the company to get you there.

mba2010 (Oct 24, 2007 1:15:59 PM)
Thanks Randall, can you please elaborate? Should applicants who are comfortable with their GPA, GMAT, etc. and have not encountered unique hardship write anything for essay 3?

Ku (Oct 24, 2007 1:16:25 PM)
Laurie: My IBT speaking section score is around 20 while other sections nearly got full scores. Is this a serious weakness in candidacy? If yes, how can I make up for this part?  p.s. I feel the ETS scores speaking very strictly. I heard very few Chinese students got a score above 24…

KimVaughanCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:17:11 PM)
G.wuebben: BR Venture is a great opportunity to get real experience helping launch companies. They're looking for a variety of people with a range of experience that could be useful.

Mba Aspirant08 (Oct 24, 2007 1:17:21 PM)
Kim: Is Park Fellowship available for International Students?

RandallSawyerCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:18:37 PM)
Hi MBA2010--if applicants are very comfortable with their GPA/GMAT et al, then there is no need to write for essay 3.

KimVaughanCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:18:46 PM)
The Park Fellowship is only open to U.S. citizens (that's a stipulation of the donor). It does help international students too, by freeing up scholarship money that might otherwise have gone to the students who were awarded Park Fellowships.

g.wuebben (Oct 24, 2007 1:18:54 PM)
Randall: Businessweek indicated that Johnson is "particularly attractive for career-changers", why do they say that? Is this something Johnson directly professes? Where would the review get that impression?

MBAhopeful2008 (Oct 24, 2007 1:19:08 PM)
Kim: How many electives can second-year students take at other Cornell schools?

John W (Oct 24, 2007 1:19:21 PM)
Sounds perfect, Randall. What can I say, I love my dog.

KimVaughanCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:20:23 PM)
You can take up to 15 credits (one semester worth of classes) at other schools at Cornell. There's also an international exchange program -- if you participate in that, your exchange credits are your non-Johnson credits.

RandallSawyerCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:21:25 PM)
Hi again gw--we do have a number of students who change careers while here--our immersion program provides an amazing platform for careers changes and those who are staying in their field. The MBA is the right degree for those who want to change careers and the immersion is the perfect fit for those interested.

RandallSawyerCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:22:35 PM)
JW--I love my dog too--Bordie Collie mix--and I appreciate that you promote it! Lots of dog lovers here in Ithaca and at Sage Hall!

LaurieShunneyCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:25:10 PM)
The deadlines for this year:
Round 2, Nov. 14
Round 3, Jan 9
Round 4, March 19

Please note, we do not consider applicants in Round 4 for scholarships.  We also ask international applicants to apply before Round 4.

KimVaughanCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:26:37 PM)
By the way, for people interested in investment banking, the Johnson School's Parker Center is one of our points of pride. It has a virtual trading room, and sophisticated software and data feeds. It's a great resource for the students managing the Cayuga MBA Fund (man, I wish that were still open to investors!).

Linda Abraham (Oct 24, 2007 1:26:50 PM)
I'm Cindy Tokumitsu, and I was just contacted by Linda -- her Internet service just went down, so I'll do my best to fill in for her until she's back up. If you posted a question and it hasn't appeared, please re-post because she doesn't have the recently posted questions. She regrets the inconvenience.

MP (Oct 24, 2007 1:29:41 PM)
Randall: I won't be able to visit campus because I have to be at work on weekdays (when classes and info-sessions are held). Are applicants who have not visited campus at any disadvantage as far as admissions decisions are concerned?

MP (Oct 24, 2007 1:30:00 PM)
Randall/Laurie/Kim: Are there any international study treks in the Cornell MBA program?

JG (Oct 24, 2007 1:30:13 PM)
Randall: I have a two part question for you. What percentage of students choose the CSGE immersion? Would you know what sectors the current sponsors are from?

vrider (Oct 24, 2007 1:30:40 PM)
Is a finance background (pre-MBA) necessary for managing the Cayuga fund? Are there any engineers currently in the Fund/Investment Management track?

mba08 (Oct 24, 2007 1:31:49 PM)
Randall: How do you interview international students and does an off-campus interview carry equal weight to the on-campus interview with the admissions committee?

MP (Oct 24, 2007 1:32:13 PM)
Randall/Laurie/Kim: Is the interview a "make-or-break" or just another data point in the applicant's file?

KimVaughanCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:32:51 PM)
International study treks -- yes, we have several opportunities. There are opportunities over winter break and spring break to various countries (the countries change from year to year; they are arranged by students and faculty). There's also a semester abroad program if you want a more in-depth experience.

RandallSawyerCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:32:52 PM)
Hi MP--I don't think applicants who have not visited campus are at a disadvantage. However, all admissions directors care about your choosing the right place to go and many times "fit and feel" of the school and campus are vital to making the right decision. I would urge you to visit all schools you apply to or are accepted at before you attend. We would hate to see you head to a school for your MBA that you feel uncomfortable at--it will be a long two years for you if that is the case.

LaurieShunneyCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:32:53 PM)
JG: Between 5-10 percent of students choose the CSGE Immersion. Sustainable concepts also permeate our general curriculum. You can find more information about current sponsors at at http://www.johnson.cornell.edu/sge/.

Linda Abraham (Oct 24, 2007 1:33:55 PM)
From Linda: How are the immersions different from a concentration or major?

Christopher (Oct 24, 2007 1:34:33 PM)
For those concerned about the Quant portion of their GMAT score...What %'s do you look for in the Quant score and do you consider an applicant's work exp/education in their overall Quant profile?

LaurieShunneyCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:34:42 PM)
R: We take the highest score for your GMAT and 115 is an acceptable score for TOEFL. We consider both tests as part of your overall application.

KimVaughanCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:35:02 PM)
MP: The interview is not a "make-or-break", but it is a very important part of the information we consider. All accepted students are interviewed first, and I recommend doing some practice interviews beforehand.

RandallSawyerCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:35:22 PM)
Hi vrider--finance background is not necessary for managing the Cayuga Fund--the fund managers are selected via application and we have a couple managers on the team now who are not IBers. And yes, we do have engineers in the IB track.

blueboy (Oct 24, 2007 1:35:56 PM)
Director Randall, how does the committee evaluate candidates based on just two 400 word essays? Most other schools have 3 or more.

mba2010 (Oct 24, 2007 1:36:08 PM)
Thanks Laurie. Will applicants know if they have been admitted prior to the Park Fellowship competition weekend?

LaurieShunneyCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:37:07 PM)
Christopher: We look for at least 60% for the Quant section of the GMAT. Students with scores below 60% sometimes struggle in the core. We also consider work experience and educational background. We read all applications twice and look at the overall quality.

RandallSawyerCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:37:44 PM)
Mba08--we have alumni interviewers around the world who do interviews with prospective students and all interviews carry the same weight, regardless of international location. If you are in the States, we urge you to come to campus to interview. Last year, 2/3rds of all applicants were denied without interview so if you get the chance to interview and can make it here then we hope you'll come!

KimVaughanCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:38:21 PM)
Linda, Immersions are a way to get practical experience before a summer internship. You get to apply the classroom learning from your 1st semester core classes to real-life situations during your 2nd semester Immersion. You choose from several Immersion options, and the format can vary slightly from one to another, but it's sort of like a series of live case studies. (The companies benefit too, from the students' advice.) It means JS students have an edge in their summer internships, having gotten actual experience.

mba08 (Oct 24, 2007 1:38:31 PM)
Randall: How would you view somebody who has a strong application/essays but the alumni interview report is not too strong?

g.wuebben (Oct 24, 2007 1:40:02 PM)
Is it true that current students are the first to look over applications and make a call as to whether or not the applicant should be interviewed?

LaurieShunneyCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:40:05 PM)
Mba2010: We typically invite about 120 of Park applicants to campus each year. Eligible students can select to attend one of the Park Weekends, depending on their round and availability.

Christopher (Oct 24, 2007 1:40:18 PM)
In general, how long does it take after the interview to learn if you have been accepted ?

RandallSawyerCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:40:34 PM)
Hi blueboy--we don't just evaluate on two essays--we look at your undergrad record, difficulty of program, GMAT, GPA, letters of rec, extracurricular activities, leadership and more. We think that two essays are good and the 400 word limit is perfect as it requires candidates to be concise and thoughtful.

avionfire (Oct 24, 2007 1:41:16 PM)
How much emphasis does Cornell put on community service/social involvement? Would an applicant be affected if he/she does not show a strong community service profile?

WayToGo (Oct 24, 2007 1:42:06 PM)
KimVaughanCornell Kim: I would like to know the scene in the campus in relation to Consulting field. What kind of companies are pouring in this year? Any major recruiters this time?

KimVaughanCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:42:19 PM)
Mba08: There are a lot of factors to consider in an admissions decision. The interview feedback is very important. There are times when a strong application can outweigh a low-rated interview.

LaurieShunneyCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:42:20 PM)
GW: We offer admissions training for a selective group of current students. Johnson Admissions Group members sometimes complete the first application review. All files are read by an admissions professional. We read all files twice.

RandallSawyerCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:42:21 PM)
Christopher--everyone finds out whether they have been accepted, waitlisted or denied on or around the notification day of the round they applied.

LaurieShunneyCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:43:28 PM)
Avionfire: We look for students with leadership experience, either in professional or community programs. We look for well rounded students who can create change, work in teams, and contribute to their environment.

JG (Oct 24, 2007 1:44:03 PM)
What is the process for waitlisted candidates? Do they typically wait till the next notification date to find out?

g.wuebben (Oct 24, 2007 1:44:17 PM)
Thanks Laurie. So what happens when the student doesn't like the look of your applicant, but the admissions professional is impressed? Do you proceed to the next step?

LaurieShunneyCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:45:07 PM)
Admissions professionals always read all files, regardless of the JAG students' ratings.

KimVaughanCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:45:44 PM)
WayToGo: We have tons of recruiters on campus -- every day we get an e-mail from the Career Mgmt Center with a list of the companies doing briefings or interviews on campus that day. For a list of the companies that hired JS students last year, see: http://www.johnson.cornell.edu/recruiter/resources/companies.html. You'll notice that Bain, Deloitte, and McKinsey are in bold, meaning that they were among our Top 25 recruiters.

RandallSawyerCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:46:22 PM)
Hi JG--waitlisted candidates will be notified at the notification date of the round they apply and are looked at during each subsequent round, but most will not hear anything more until the beginning of June as we look to finalize the class.

Linda Abraham (Oct 24, 2007 1:46:57 PM)
From Linda: How is recruiting for 2nd year students going? And are salaries up for 2007 grads?

RandallSawyerCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:48:27 PM)
Hi Linda. Recruiting is going very well for 2nd year students. I would say that 60% have offers from their summer internships and the rest are waiting to hear while pursuing other options. I am starting to hear of multiple offers which is great and yes, average salaries are up near the six figure threshold.

marathoner (Oct 24, 2007 1:48:29 PM)
Can we submit the photo copy of the mark sheets by the deadline and then submit the transcripts later?

Linda Abraham (Oct 24, 2007 1:49:47 PM)
From Linda (she's still offline but on the phone): Is there any advice for applicants aiming for the 11/14 deadline?

LaurieShunneyCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:49:57 PM)
Marathoner: We can accept scanned copies of original transcripts for the initial review. We also accept notarized copies of official transcripts. You can submit additional documents after the deadline and still receive consideration for the Round when you submitted your online application. Please scan all sides of the official transcript, including the grading scale.

WayToGo (Oct 24, 2007 1:51:10 PM)
Thanks for the information Kim. Another one out of curiosity - If one asks -- "Cornell- Johnson is the best place to specialize in -------- field of MBA". What would you fill in the blank?

RandallSawyerCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:51:12 PM)
My recommendation for all students is to apply when you application is at its best! We are up in applications so the bar is being raised but we look at more than 20 different aspects of the applicant via the application so don't just shine in one part--make sure they are all great and good luck!

LaurieShunneyCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:51:19 PM)
Marathoner: We also need official transcripts or notarized copies for students receiving admissions offers.

avionfire (Oct 24, 2007 1:53:14 PM)
How much emphasis do you put on recommendation letters? Do you read them to seek qualities of the applicant or the work performance?

RandallSawyerCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:53:52 PM)
Hi, WTG! The Johnson School is a great general management program, and it's so flexible (up to 15 credits in any other graduate-level program, such as Real Estate, Industrial and Labor Relations, etc) that you can really specialize in almost anything. I'd say Finance and Consulting are two of our biggest areas.

KimVaughanCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:55:30 PM)
Hi, Avionfire! We don't have a mathematical formula, so it's hard to say how much emphasis is on the recommendations, but they are certainly an important piece of the puzzle. We look for a sense of who the applicant is as well as their capabilities.

John W (Oct 24, 2007 1:56:10 PM)
Can you speak to the strength of the career center? Do students seem pleased with the number of work opportunities derived from in-school activities?

John W (Oct 24, 2007 1:56:15 PM)
I believe financial consulting is a fairly large field. Why is it those immersions cannot be taken together?

KimVaughanCornell (Oct 24, 2007 2:00:54 PM)
The Career Management Center works hard from the day students arrive, and this year we're hiring new CMC staff dedicated to finance and marketing careers. We got an update from the dean last week saying: "More than 96 percent of the Class of 2007 reported a job offer, with an average salary of $98,000 and a $24,000 signing bonus. More than 80 percent of our international students found a position in the U.S., a 33 percent increase over last year. Our Accelerated MBA students also had great success, with every student in the program obtaining an offer."

Linda Abraham (Oct 24, 2007 1:58:47 PM)
From Linda: Thank you all for participating today. Special thanks to Randall, Laurie, and Kim for joining us at this busy time of year. Linda again expresses her regrets for her untimely departure.

Linda Abraham (Oct 24, 2007 1:58:53 PM)
Students can take consulting courses in the customized immersion. Students can also take a consulting focus in strategic operations, managerial finance, strategic brand management, sustainable global enterprise, and private equity.

LaurieShunneyCornell (Oct 24, 2007 1:59:32 PM)
All students customize their second year, with 25 credits of Johnson School electives and 15 credits of electives in any college at Cornell.

Linda Abraham (Oct 24, 2007 1:59:50 PM)
We look forward to seeing you at future chats:

• INSEAD 10/29 
  • USC 11/5 
  • Michigan 11/7
  • The Consortium 11/13
  • Wharton 11/15 
Please check the web site for details and exact times. Good luck with your applications!

sm2323 (Oct 24, 2007 2:00:27 PM)
Thanks everyone.

LaurieShunneyCornell (Oct 24, 2007 2:00:28 PM)
Thanks everyone and nice to chat with all of you! Thanks to Laurie and Kim for helping me with this and to Linda for giving us the venue!

LaurieShunneyCornell (Oct 24, 2007 2:01:10 PM)
Good luck with applications and please contact our office with additional questions.  You may contact me via email at les57@cornell.edu.

KimVaughanCornell (Oct 24, 2007 2:01:38 PM)
It was great chatting with you! I'm Kim, kmv3@cornell.edu or 1-607-255-3065 if you have further questions. Thanks, Linda and Accepted.com!

RandallSawyerCornell (Oct 24, 2007 2:01:43 PM)
In closing, everyone, you can reach me at rs348@cornell.edu with other questions you might have! Be well and again, good luck! Randall.

Information about Accepted.com's consulting and Editing Services

MBA Chat Transcript Index || Chat Room