2010 IMD MBA Admissions with Lisa Piguet

2010 IMD MBA Admissions with Lisa Piguet

Please feel free to let us know if you would like to be informed of future chats by sending e-mail to chat@accepted.com. We would also be interested in knowing if you would prefer a different format or different topics.

Linda Abraham (May 18, 2009 12:01:48 PM)
My name is Linda Abraham. I am the founder of Accepted.com and I will moderate the chat today. First I want to welcome you all to Accepted.com’s International MBA Admissions Chat for IMD. I also want to welcome Lisa Piguet, Associate Director of Admissions, and Rasmus Figenschou, member of the IMD class of 2009. Rasmus is an IMD MBA 2009 candidate from Norway.  After attending University in Boston, MA , he worked in Houston, London and Singapore. His career pre-IMD was focused on the financial industry in equity research and corporate lending, focusing on oil & gas and maritime shipping. His post-graduate plans are to return to Norway, either within finance or possibly moving into industry.

Thanks to everyone for joining.

Linda Abraham (May 18, 2009 12:02:51 PM)
Lisa, what's new for the entering class of 2010 at IMD?

Linda Abraham (May 18, 2009 12:03:03 PM)
Rasmus, what do you like best at IMD? What would you like to see improved?

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:04:18 PM)
Linda, we are currently changing the program a bit to fit current trends in the market place, but the courses should remain more or less the same. The main focus obviously will stay on leadership and general management.

Linda Abraham (May 18, 2009 12:04:37 PM)
Could you tell us a little about those changes?

RasmusFigenschouIMD (May 18, 2009 12:05:06 PM)
Linda, there are several things I see as unique about the IMD program. The size of the class enables most of these unique features. For me, the self-development part of the program is absolutely unique. The realization that the understanding of the self is an essential part of being able to be a good executive (or leader - a word I hesitate to use due to its buzzword nature).
Secondly, I think the age of the class is a unique feature. People have significant experience from their respective fields and bring a lot to the table in debates and in the classroom.

LB (May 18, 2009 12:05:43 PM)
Hi, I'd like to know, in essence, what really sets IMD apart from other programs in America?

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:06:40 PM)
Linda, I can not tell you yet because we are meeting this week to finalize everything however I think it is safe to say you will see a lot of focus on ethics and leading people in turbulent times.

RasmusFigenschouIMD (May 18, 2009 12:06:42 PM)
Lastly, I see the mix of academic focus in the first half of the year, together with the consulting program in the second half as unique. We are able to apply the skills we have picked up in the first half of the year with real companies.

Linda Abraham (May 18, 2009 12:06:50 PM)
OK. Thanks.

Angela (May 18, 2009 12:06:59 PM)
Lisa: What are the prospects for finding a job back in the US after doing an IMD MBA?

RasmusFigenschouIMD (May 18, 2009 12:09:51 PM)
LB, I was looking at US schools during my application process. One aspect is the international nature of the schools in US vs. IMD. Even though the amount of international students is the same, they are spread over around 900 people vs the 90 here at IMD. This is clearly illustrated in every-day class situations - perhaps particularly in political economy, but also in so many other classes where your cultural background plays an important part to how you respond to the problem.

sumsar78 (May 18, 2009 12:09:54 PM)
Rasmus: I have heard about the start-up component of the MBA. Can you tell us what it is and how you are enjoying it?

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:10:39 PM)
Angela. I think the biggest questions relates to visa issues. As you know, the US is tough to work in now for non-U.S. citizens due to visa issues. Are you American? If so, your chances are pretty good. If you look at the list of the recruiters coming to IMD, most of them are well known multinationals that have offices in the US.

JJ (May 18, 2009 12:10:43 PM)
Lisa: Have you already decided the destination of "discovery expedition" 2010?

RasmusFigenschouIMD (May 18, 2009 12:11:15 PM)
LB, the age of the participants at IMD (as mentioned previously) is also another distinction from the US programs. This is clearly seen in any discussion where a wealth of knowledge in virtually every possible area is exposed and explained - many with higher management experience.

LB (May 18, 2009 12:11:22 PM)
Thanks, Rasmus for the answer. What about the programs in Spain? I've also looked into those.

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:11:49 PM)
JJ -No, we have not yet decided where the class will go in 2010. If you are admitted to the class in 2010, you will know on the opening day of the program! It is quite an exciting event for all concerned! Just ask Rasmus!

JR13 (May 18, 2009 12:11:52 PM)
Lisa: How is the current market situation affecting the number of applications you have received for the class of 2010?

RichKing (May 18, 2009 12:11:54 PM)
Lisa - What does the application trend for January 2010 intake look like?

LB (May 18, 2009 12:12:09 PM)
Rasmus: I'm looking for lowest common denominators here...the essence.

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:12:53 PM)
JR13-The European schools are doing well so far. I have heard mixed messages in the US, but so far so good here.

Linda Abraham (May 18, 2009 12:13:07 PM)
Lisa, how is recruiting for the class of 09? How badly has it been hit by the recession? How are compensation packages when compared to previous years?

RasmusFigenschouIMD (May 18, 2009 12:14:10 PM)
Hi Sumsar: The startup is a "first peek" at an entrepreneurial future. You get put into a situation where you don't necessarily have the skills required, but where you need to apply the skills of the team to achieve the goal. You are also helped by faculty and our entrepreneur classes. Dealing with the entrepreneurs has proven frustrating for some of us, so "handling the client" is another skill you pick up in this stream.

JR13 (May 18, 2009 12:14:28 PM)
Rasmus: Which B-schools did you consider? Why did you pick IMD?

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:16:00 PM)
Linda, the class for 09 is in session right now and won't graduate until December, so we don't have any numbers on this particular group. However the class of 2008 did quite well considering the situation. We had a higher base salary than the previous year and 93% had job offers as of March (they graduate in December). Is this what you wanted to know?

Linda Abraham (May 18, 2009 12:16:36 PM)
Yes. Thank you. Is the class of 2010 interviewing now? Or is it still too early?

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:18:05 PM)
We started interviewing for the 2010 class in February. We have 5 deadlines at IMD. February 1, April 1, June 1, August 1, and September 1. We are now interviewing the April deadline.

Angela (May 18, 2009 12:18:07 PM)
Yes Lisa, I am a US Citizen based in Boston. I would like to get a job back in the US, so I wanted to understand if the recruiting process can address such specific needs.

RasmusFigenschouIMD (May 18, 2009 12:18:48 PM)
LB and JR13: I looked at IESE, so I will comment on that for the Spain perspective. I also applied to Harvard, but was not admitted. With respect to IESE, the distance to IMD was colossal to me. The focus on the student in the center was evident already from the interview, where IMD had a thorough understanding of everything I had written and we had a very good conversation with that as a basis. With my IESE presentation, I found myself twice pointing to pages in my application where the interviewer had not caught such fundamental issues as me living in Singapore etc. The two year aspect of the IESE program was also less appealing to me. I was drawn to the high octane speed of IMD, where you get put under pressure and get to find out how well you deal in such an environment. This high work-level is also a great place to be when you want to figure things out, as you are pressured to face life and career choices you have made that you perhaps otherwise would not want to get into

JJ (May 18, 2009 12:18:51 PM)
Lisa: I am aware that you recommend we apply for the earlier round. I am wondering whether I should apply for the 2010 program on Aug.1 deadline, or I should wait for the 2011 program and apply for an earlier round. Which would you recommend?

Linda Abraham (May 18, 2009 12:19:36 PM)
Rasmus: What has been your not-to-be missed class? Who has been your best professor?

LB (May 18, 2009 12:19:49 PM)
That's helpful, Rasmus. Thanks.

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:20:27 PM)
Angela, it really depends on what industry/company you'd like to go in to. One nice thing about IMD is that we are small and have a very strong career services team that works with each person one on one. I'd be happy to talk to you more about this off line if this interests you. Please contact me via email and I can talk to you more about this.

Ian (May 18, 2009 12:20:33 PM)
Lisa: How many of the current students plan on returning to the company they used to work for prior to MBA?

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:22:29 PM)
JJ - It is hard to say. I would have to ask you a lot of questions. First of all, we always have spaces available so that shouldn't be such a concern for you. I would have to have a lot more information before making this call. Have you done the Assess Your Chances on our website? It is a mini application which is free of charge. This helps you assess your chances of getting in to the program.

Gang (May 18, 2009 12:22:32 PM)
Lisa - How does IMD consider an applicant with strong IT technical background in the admission process?

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:23:13 PM)
Ian-about 10%.

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:24:36 PM)
Gang-interesting question. We do take IT profiles as long as they have some business experience in their background. You must bring this out in your application and interview.

Linda Abraham (May 18, 2009 12:26:15 PM)
Rasmus: When do IMD participants have the opportunity to interact with professors outside of class?

RasmusFigenschouIMD (May 18, 2009 12:26:42 PM)
LB and JR13: With respect to Harvard, it is undoubtedly a great school. The brand name is also unique- and most would argue you could find no better. That said, I do not think they can compete with IMD when it comes to the individual follow up each student gets - in figuring out how you function in a group, where you want to go forward in your life, and having the support of what almost must be considered a family, if you are having problems. In terms of learning (with 90 students in the whole class, we only get tenure professors) IMD is also a unique offer - it starts with a heavy academic focus until summer, then switches to a "real world" focus where we spend 2 weeks in a developing country (this year South Africa) and apply the skills we have learned. We work intensely in small teams with local entrepreneurs and companies (in what could only be compared to the popular TV program where someone fixes a house over a certain period). Then coming back to Lausanne, we work over the next half year with the ICP project. 

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:27:11 PM)
Chris - IMD has a very unique admissions process. As you know, we bring everyone to the campus to be interviewed. Therefore, we are incorporating different techniques to assess one's ethics (although not easy to do in a one day session, however better than most programs out there).

JR13 (May 18, 2009 12:27:14 PM)
Lisa: How are Israeli's fitting in recent programs ? I know you value diversity - do you have limitations regarding the number of students from each country per class?

JJ (May 18, 2009 12:27:36 PM)
Thank you, I am going to try "Access your Chance".

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:28:07 PM)
JJ - if you are invited to the interview you can choose from 4-5 dates. They are usually within the following month.

JJ (May 18, 2009 12:29:09 PM)
Lisa, thank you for your information.

Angela (May 18, 2009 12:29:13 PM)
Thanks Lisa. I am considering applying for the Aug 1st deadline. I'll surely be in touch offline.

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:29:18 PM)
JR13 - Because we absolutely pride ourselves on diversity we normally limit the nationality count to 10%.

P (May 18, 2009 12:29:32 PM)
Hi Lisa, what GMAT score range are you requesting for 2010? Can you apply without having taken the GMAT?

RasmusFigenschouIMD (May 18, 2009 12:30:01 PM)
Linda: The professors having classes pre-lunch often walk over to the restaurant with the students - and joins one of the tables. We also have guest speakers who will most often join for lunch and you can join the table to follow up discussions from class. In addition to this, you can meet professors in their office fairly easily by scheduling an appointment, or else schedule a lunch depending on the timing of the professor. I find the availability of the professors to be quite unique. At least it cannot be compared to the universities in my home-country.

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:30:30 PM)
P-You can submit your application on one of the deadlines, but we will need a GMAT by the end of that month (i.e. June 1st we need the GMAT by June 30th). Our average GMAT score is 680. The range is roughly 610-730.

Linda Abraham (May 18, 2009 12:30:51 PM)
Rasmus, how do you prepare for the IMD interview?

P (May 18, 2009 12:30:56 PM)
Hi Lisa, regarding the recommendation letters : What do value more - a recommendation letter from your direct boss, from someone above (general manager) or both? Do you value a recommendation letter from a customer?

RasmusFigenschouIMD (May 18, 2009 12:31:40 PM)
Also, as I mentioned the restaurant, I should tell you that you will never have been better fed than during your time here at IMD. If you come for an interview and join the lunch - NO - it is not a teaser put up on special occasions to impress visitors. This is the food we get every day. I often go for desserts before the starters and the main course only so that I can have it twice!

Linda Abraham (May 18, 2009 12:33:29 PM)
Sounds like a tasty recipe for weight gain, Rasmus.

RichKing (May 18, 2009 12:33:53 PM)
Lisa - I am interested to know how the application trend is for Jan 2010, considering the economic situation. Has it increased based on the R1 and R2 numbers?

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:34:28 PM)
P-at IMD we value recommendations from someone who knows you well. For example, do not ask a GM who has never worked with you. We prefer your direct boss even though his or her title is not as glamorous.

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:35:23 PM)
RichKing-our applications are up.

Chris (May 18, 2009 12:35:30 PM)
Lisa, can you please give a range for the quantitative sub score of the GMAT?

RasmusFigenschouIMD (May 18, 2009 12:36:12 PM)
Linda: To prepare I read the case study and also shared it with a friend with whom I then discussed it. Formulating the arguments to someone was a good help. My preparation on the case study was limited to notes on a paper and in the margin. I would advice against looking up the case study or what the reality turned out to be. The whole essence of the case study is that you discuss possible outcomes from a certain set of information. There are many possible outcomes, of which the current reality turned out to be one. It is my belief that the professor is looking for good arguments rather than "factual proof". Other than that, I re-read my application and had a nice walk around Lausanne. Then cross your fingers and try to eat at least one loaf of bread for breakfast.  A slice of bread is also ok - you don't need the whole loaf. Which brings me back to weight gain - the nice thing is that work-stress brings down your weight, so you can eat the cafeteria food fairly freely.

LB (May 18, 2009 12:36:17 PM)
What if I think I'm a strong candidate, but I apply late, or the last deadline? Will I have less of a chance?

Linda Abraham (May 18, 2009 12:37:16 PM)
Rasmus, what do you wish you would have done before starting your MBA that would have made the beginning/transition easier? Did you do anything especially effective that helped you?

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:37:34 PM)
Chris-we are not a school who looks at the GMAT so black and white like some schools do. Therefore I won't give you this information because it doesn't mean much. Obviously it has to be high enough, but absolute numbers are not something we like to give out. Contact me offline if you have a concern or do the Assess Your Chances and we will give you feedback on your GMAT score.

Zimgirl (May 18, 2009 12:38:01 PM)
Lisa: Do you get a lot of applications from Africans? What % of Africans who graduate from IMD go back to Africa?

RasmusFigenschouIMD (May 18, 2009 12:38:10 PM)
 Additionally, on that topic; a new addition this year is optional physical exercise twice a week. Ranging from aerobics like "fitboxing" and "gymsticks" to Yoga. The school also has a gym that is available every day.

Linda Abraham (May 18, 2009 12:38:59 PM)
Rasmus, sounds good with all those desserts around. I have a sweet tooth. :-/

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:39:20 PM)
LB-once again we always have places available. We plan it this way. If you really have concerns about this, please contact me directly.

Angela (May 18, 2009 12:39:29 PM)
Another follow up question on the GMAT: Can someone with a low GMAT score, but outstanding leadership/extracurricular/GPA/work experience get into IMD?

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:40:41 PM)
Zimgirl - we get some applications from Africans. I guess it depends on the country. I apologize, I don't have the % that go back to Africa. I know that it is getting higher, but I don't have the exact figures for you.

JR13 (May 18, 2009 12:40:53 PM)
Lisa - Have you considered expanding the IMD program? For example: 2 intakes of 90 students each year?

LB (May 18, 2009 12:42:06 PM)
How was the interviewing process at IMD compared to the other b-schools, Rasmus?

RichKing (May 18, 2009 12:42:13 PM)
Rasmus - How was your interview day in terms of presentation and the interview part?

RasmusFigenschouIMD (May 18, 2009 12:42:31 PM)
Linda: Read the finance book that was will be sent to all those who are accepted at IMD (in addition to other books) - also, if you are not already doing so, read the economist (as our recent winners of a political economy quiz all agreed) and any newspaper, be it the FT or your local weekly news-journal. Other than that, I think having some time off would be nice. I worked until the very last moment and wish I had at least some time to turn off my brain between work and the start of this program. Lastly, we were very lucky to have a few iron souls who organized get- togethers such as pre-program new-years celebration in Lausanne and also a skiing trip before the program started. It was great to meet people outside of school before the first class. (Though you will be given plenty of time to meet and greet in the early days of the program).

Linda Abraham (May 18, 2009 12:43:07 PM)
Thanks, Rasmus.

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:44:45 PM)
Angela, it depends on what you mean by low GMAT score. We still have a minimum to get in, so no amount of leadership/extracurricular will take the place of this. IMD is a very intense, one year program which is top ranked in the world. We require certain things to get in the program and to get through the intensity which is why having a good score on the GMAT is necessary for a program like ours.

Linda Abraham (May 18, 2009 12:45:15 PM)
A couple of recommendation questions for Lisa...

P (May 18, 2009 12:45:23 PM)
Hi Lisa, I work in sales. Do you consider it a good idea to include on recommendation letter from a customer? The recommendation letter format and questions do not seem prepared for this.

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:45:58 PM)
JZ-would you ask your previous manager because your current manager does not know you are applying?

Linda Abraham (May 18, 2009 12:46:25 PM)
Rasmus, how does IMD's location in Switzerland (other than the skiing and desserts) influence the MBA experience?

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:46:42 PM)
P-Yes it is a good idea to put a client in your recommendations in your type of work. We recommend this for consultants too.

RasmusFigenschouIMD (May 18, 2009 12:46:49 PM)
LB: As mentioned briefly previously, I found the IMD application process to be very intensive & extensive. It is a tiring day, but also nice to know that every participant has gone through a very thorough check. This is further exemplified in that if you get in, you can schedule a session where you are given feedback on your interview day. I was impressed by the amount of detail and focus that was given to every aspect of the day and my application.

P (May 18, 2009 12:46:56 PM)
Hi Lisa, regarding application Essay Question 1 "Two situations of importance to you". What kind of "situations" do you think we should talk about? Can a job promotion or studying abroad fit into this category?

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:47:45 PM)
P-You can use either of these two.

Gang (May 18, 2009 12:47:50 PM)
Lisa - once the complete application is submitted, how long will it take for IMD to give the applicant feedback?

RichKing (May 18, 2009 12:48:50 PM)
Thanks Rasmus - Is the feedback session available for all interviewees at the end of interview-day?

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:49:17 PM)
Gang - it takes us 1 month for the Admissions team to read the files. Then you will get a positive or negative response usually towards the last day of the deadline or close to it. After that, if you are picked to be interviewed, you choose when you would like to come.

RasmusFigenschouIMD (May 18, 2009 12:50:06 PM)
RichKing: I would say the impromptu presentation is impossible to prepare for. I didn't know about the format, and was able to fend my way through it. If you want to practice, I guess you can hold some extra presentations at your current workplace. Perhaps try to "come unprepared" or only having prepared for a short while. In terms of the interview part, there were no big surprises. My application was thoroughly discussed, and other "typical" interview questions were asked. As mentioned though, there was an impressive amount of questions that "drilled below" on the basis of what you had written - it showed that the essays etc. had been given thought to and thoroughly read.

Ian (May 18, 2009 12:50:36 PM)
Hi Rasmus, I was looking at the Leadership and Development Program which is a whole-year course in the program (running from January to November). What exactly are the course contents? Does this culminate in the leadership finale? What are the activities involved in this course?

RasmusFigenschouIMD (May 18, 2009 12:50:37 PM)
RichKing: No - only to those who are admitted, and I only recently had mine a few weeks ago.

JJ (May 18, 2009 12:50:54 PM)
Lisa: IMD does not require TOEFL. Therefore, how do you know about applicants’ English ability? I guess interviews only tell about listening and speaking ability. What about reading or writing?

RichKing (May 18, 2009 12:51:18 PM)
Thanks Rasmus!

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:52:46 PM)
JJ - We interview everyone in person and therefore get to see you in different ways throughout the day. We can judge the spoken language, written etc. therefore the TOEFL is not needed.

JJ (May 18, 2009 12:52:48 PM)
Lisa: Do you require students to learn another language during the MBA course?

RasmusFigenschouIMD (May 18, 2009 12:52:55 PM)
Linda: The location sets for a very nice back-drop and gives you some nice possibilities for bicycling/jogging etc. But I would not have too high expectations in terms of skiing. You have some weekends when you can do this, but it's not a big feature of your life to put it very mildly. Another nice aspect is that you get to practice your French when you sometimes venture outside of the route between school and apartment. Everyone working here speaks English and French, so it's also a good way to practice your French if you want that.

Gang (May 18, 2009 12:53:21 PM)
Rasmus- I have a question about the fitness program in IMD - do you have the time to go to the gym more than twice a week?

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:54:34 PM)
JJ,  no, we do not require students to learn another language. Our program is quite intense and therefore we prefer you to focus on actual business work rather than another language. On average our MBAs speak 3 languages already, but English is the language that is used for all course work.

P (May 18, 2009 12:54:47 PM)
Lisa, I am aware that most of your graduates go to industry. But to what kind of sectors? Do you have any percentages available to share? I am particularly interested in Utilities and Renewable Energies.

JJ (May 18, 2009 12:55:25 PM)
Thank you, Lisa.

RasmusFigenschouIMD (May 18, 2009 12:55:37 PM)
Ian: The leadership stream is a lot about figuring out how you work in group and how you work "in yourself". There are the typical leadership aspects that many schools have on the academic side, but at IMD, there is also an extensive "applied" aspect to this. For example, you have an optional 20 hours session with an analyst and you have a separate group coach who will observe group dynamics and whom you meet with to discuss these matters. You also write many analyses on your own roles in groups and as an individual.

LB (May 18, 2009 12:55:41 PM)
Thanks Rasmus. But what was the difference? Did you get feedback from the other b-schools where you applied? I'm sure the USA B-schools' interview days are extremely intensive as well.

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:55:54 PM)
P - this industry is no problem. I don't have the exact figures in front of me, but industry is the largest area to where our MBAs go.

Angela (May 18, 2009 12:56:01 PM)
Lisa: How long after the interview does the candidate find out whether he/she has been accepted?

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:56:35 PM)
Angela, we respond within 10 business days.

RichKing (May 18, 2009 12:56:40 PM)
Lisa - What are the differences in terms of interviewing at Lausanne vs. Singapore?

RasmusFigenschouIMD (May 18, 2009 12:56:55 PM)
Gang: No - I don't. I go there once a week max. But I try to rollerblade or bicycle on Sundays. It's a matter of priority - some people go to the gym before our 8 AM start at school (including most Saturdays), but considering we work fairly late every day, this has not been an option on my list.

Ian (May 18, 2009 12:57:13 PM)
Rasmus - thank you. What is the Global Management Simulation?

Linda Abraham (May 18, 2009 12:57:38 PM)
Lisa, IMD has a demanding and extensive interview process. I have read about it in the MBA Admissions Feedback Database. How do you use the interview in the evaluation process?

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:58:54 PM)
RichKing, there are a few differences. You don't get to go to class, see the campus, meet the current class etc. However the interview process is exactly the same.

JJ (May 18, 2009 12:59:04 PM)
Lisa: would a campus visit experience be an advantage regarding the application?

RichKing (May 18, 2009 12:59:30 PM)
Thanks Lisa!

RasmusFigenschouIMD (May 18, 2009 12:59:35 PM)
LB: I did not get feedback from other schools. My opinion was only based on the interactions I had with the schools. Speaking about this, I also think that the job of someone filling a class of 90 will per definition be different than for one filling a class of 900. The applicants here at IMD are given a different individual focus in the application process.

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 12:59:48 PM)
JJ - no. We don't take in to consideration if you've come or not to a campus visit.

P (May 18, 2009 12:59:56 PM)
Any especial arrangements for students with couples?

RasmusFigenschouIMD (May 18, 2009 1:00:13 PM)
P: I am not here with a partner, but I know from those who are that there is a very well run partners program and the partners are a tight-knit group getting to travel around Switzerland and bordering countries. We hear with envy all the fun places they go. Also, there are around 10 IMD babies, born this year - so yes! There is absolutely a partners program.

Linda Abraham (May 18, 2009 1:00:18 PM)
By the way, one of the students who filled out a post-interview questionnaire commented about the admissions staff: "The Best Adcomm in the world - PERIOD."

Linda Abraham (May 18, 2009 1:00:14 PM)
Thank you again all for participating today. Special thanks to Lisa and Rasmus. We look forward to seeing you at future chats. Please check the website for details and exact time.  Good luck with your applications!

Chris (May 18, 2009 1:00:49 PM)
Thank you Lisa and Rasmus! Thank you Linda!

Gang (May 18, 2009 1:00:56 PM)
Thanks Lisa & Rasmus for the detailed answers!

Linda Abraham (May 18, 2009 1:01:01 PM)
You're welcome.

JR13 (May 18, 2009 1:01:20 PM)
Thank you Lisa and Rasmus!

JJ (May 18, 2009 1:02:01 PM)
Many thanks, Linda.

Angela (May 18, 2009 1:02:15 PM)
Thanks Linda!

RasmusFigenschouIMD (May 18, 2009 1:02:19 PM)
Good luck to all of you on the application. Come say hello if you come to campus.

LisaPiguetIMD (May 18, 2009 1:02:55 PM)
I wish all of you luck. Please let me know if you have questions.

Linda Abraham (May 18, 2009 1:06:27 PM)
Good luck to you all.

Information about Accepted.com's consulting and Editing Services

MBA Chat Transcript Index || Chat Room