The criteria are endless when it come
s to drafting a list of colleges to apply to. For example, are you looking for a small liberal arts college in a rural area? Or would you prefer a sprawling, urban campus? Are you applying exclusively to public or state schools? Or are you also considering private universities? Which colleges are realistic reaches for you? And which are long shots? Are you applying to a safety school? An international program?
You get the point. Choosing where you'd like to attend college is a difficult task. It will force you to sit down and really think about who you are and what you are seeking in a college experience. Use the resources below to help you draft a preliminary list of schools, narrow them down, and then finally choose "the one."
- Fitting In & Standing Out: the Paradox at the Heart of Admissions, a free guide
- Should You Apply to a Safety School?
- College Visits: Take a Break on Campus
- 11 Tips for Visiting College Campuses
- The Role of Athletics in Your College Choice
- Beginning Your College Search
- What is Nursing School Really Like?
Need help evaluating your profile and determining which schools are best for you? Speak with a college admissions consultant today to help you establish where you would be happiest spending the next four years of your life.