Let's face it—nobody's perfect. Everyone has flaws (MBA applicants included!), but you shouldn’t passively let flaws ruin your candidacy.
Do you have a low GPA or a not-quite-high-enough GMAT score? Are you older or younger than the average applicant to your target program? Have you had a habit of frequent career switching in the past, or have you recently been laid off? Answering "yes" to any of these questions doesn't disqualify you from the MBA marathon—you just need the right techniques to help you mitigate these weaknesses.
Below you'll find numerous resources that will help you tackle your MBA application weaknesses head-on, so that despite your shortcomings, you present yourself as the confident, competent, and highly prized applicant that you are.
- The GMAT: Low Scores, Retaking & Strategies for Success, a free webinar
- How to Get Accepted to Top B-Schools with Low Stats, a free webinar
- 5 A's for Your Low GPA, a podcast episode
- Applying to Business School With a Low GPA, a short video
- Do Low Stats Sink Your App?
- Low Stats? Don't Panic...Yet
- 3 Steps for Handling a Low Undergraduate GPA
- MBA Admissions Tip: Dealing with a Low GPA
- How to Move Beyond Your Low Stats When Applying
- How MBA Adcoms Evaluate Your GPA
- How to Apply to B-School With a Low GPA, Part 1
- How to Apply to B-School With a Low GPA, Part 2
- Linda Abraham on Overcoming Weaknesses
- Younger Applicants
- Older Applicants
- Disclosing a Learning Disability
- Explaining Frequent Job Switching
- 6 Tips for MBA Applicants with a Criminal Record
- Lack of Extracurricular Activities
- Laid Off! How Will it Affect Your Application?
- Admissions Warning for All
- Common MBA Essay Topics
- Flaws Make You Real
- How Do You Deal with Criticism? MBA Admissions Committees Want to Know
- 6 Tips for Talking About Your Weaknesses
- Resilience in the Face of Failure
- 3 Tips for Discussing Failure in Your MBA Application Essays
- Pick Yourself Up and Applaud
- 5 Ways to Optimize Your Online Presence Before Submitting Applications
- Can You Get Accepted After Doing Something Stupid?
Are you seeking more in-depth, individualized advice for your MBA application? Do you have questions about how your weakness or flaws may affect your application? Choose from Accepted's MBA application consulting services to work one-on-one with an experienced editor and admissions expert!