Consortium Chat with Jackie Olden

Consortium Chat with Jackie Olden

Please feel free to let us know if you would like to be informed of future chats by sending e-mail to chat@accepted.com. We would also be interested in knowing if you would prefer a different format or different topics.

Linda Abraham (Sep 27, 2006 5:46:36 PM)
First I want to welcome you all to Accepted.com’s Consortium Chat.

Linda Abraham (Sep 27, 2006 5:46:46 PM)
I also want to welcome our special guests for this evening. Please hold your applause until I introduce all panelists. ;-)

Linda Abraham (Sep 27, 2006 5:47:13 PM)
Jackie M. Olden Director of Recruiting Consortium for Graduate Study in Management

Linda Abraham (Sep 27, 2006 5:47:20 PM)
Monique C. Moreland Asst Director, Masters Admissions Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University

Linda Abraham (Sep 27, 2006 5:47:28 PM)
Alicia Valencia and Monica Farrell, Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California

Linda Abraham (Sep 27, 2006 5:47:35 PM)
Becky Shark Ross School of Business, University of Michigan

booksRfun (Sep 27, 2006 5:46:05 PM)
Hello everyone! Will applying for the Dec. 1st deadline or the Jan. 15th deadline affect our chances of getting into any of the schools? I was told it is best to apply for Dec.1st before your schools fill up fast. What would you suggest?

BeckySharkCGSMRoss (Sep 27, 2006 5:47:15 PM)
Books- Applying earlier is always better. At Ross we do wait for the Jan 15 deadline though. We save some spots for CGSM

HaleyWhitlockGyoryCGSMUVA (Sep 27, 2006 5:47:40 PM)
Books-- If you can apply in December, go for it.

Linda Abraham (Sep 27, 2006 5:47:41 PM)
Sara E. Neher Director of Admissions Darden School of Business, University of Virginia

Linda Abraham (Sep 27, 2006 5:47:52 PM)
Haley Whitlock Gyory Darden School of Business, Univ. of Virginia

Linda Abraham (Sep 27, 2006 5:47:58 PM)
Betsy Kacizak Director of MBA Admissions and Financial Aid University of Wisconsin-Madison

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 5:48:04 PM)
Books: Rochester does the same (waits for both deadlines)

Linda Abraham (Sep 27, 2006 5:48:06 PM)
Stefanie Bascom Assistant Director of Admission University of Rochester

Linda Abraham (Sep 27, 2006 5:48:12 PM)
Darryl D. Isom Assistant Director of MBA Admissions & Diversity Recruitment Goizueta Business School, Emory University

Linda Abraham (Sep 27, 2006 5:48:20 PM)
Thanks to everyone for joining.

Linda Abraham (Sep 27, 2006 5:48:53 PM)
1. What should applicants be doing now to prepare themselves to apply this year? Jackie what should they be doing to participate in the Consortium process?

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 5:49:17 PM)
Linda, in preparation for the Consortium process, applicants should be researching their schools and starting the application process, preparing the essays, gathering transcripts, preparing for GMAT if not taken.

BeckySharkCGSMRoss (Sep 27, 2006 5:49:56 PM)
Linda, I agree with Jackie that students should be researching their schools and would add that if applicants have the time and resources to visit the schools, they should.  Don't forget the recommendation letters. Sometimes those take the longest because you are relying on someone to write them for you.

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 5:50:44 PM)
In preparation, you can start thinking about who you will ask to write your recommendations. Who knows you best and can provide the admissions team with a clear picture of your contributions to the company, skills as a team player and leader, and ability in an MBA program? Don't forget to start planning visits to schools. Most schools have Diversity Weekends. A personal visit to the school is highly recommended as it could provide a chance for you to see if you "fit".

Ricky (Sep 27, 2006 5:51:39 PM)
Jackie: Hi my name is Ricky, I have set up to have my official interview on Monday. I was curious as to what to expect and what to have ready?!?!

Betsy CGSM Wisconsin MBA (Sep 27, 2006 5:52:03 PM)
In preparation, you should also consider finding a person for the required CGSM interview. Interviews are required for admission .

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 5:52:15 PM)
Ricky: take your user ID and resume with you to the interview. Be prepared to discuss why you are interested in an MBA

HaleyWhitlockGyoryCGSMUVA (Sep 27, 2006 5:53:15 PM)
Our diversity weekend at Darden is Nov. 10-12, and there is a brief application form on our website.

AliciaValenciaCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 5:53:33 PM)
USC Marshall's diversity weekend is scheduled for October 13 and 14th and the application submission deadline has been extended.

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 5:53:34 PM)
Rochester's Diversity Weekend is Dec 1-2

Sandy (Sep 27, 2006 5:53:42 PM)
School reps: Since schools can see the order in which we rank them, will this affect the admission chances for schools that are placed last on the list?

booksRfun (Sep 27, 2006 5:54:14 PM)
Jackie: Thanks! Which schools offer the most seats for consortium students. Who has the most funds available for fellowships?

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 5:54:31 PM)
books: The number of seats offered varies from year to year. Do not rank schools based on how many offers are extended.

DarrylIsomCGSMEmory (Sep 27, 2006 5:54:54 PM)
Goizueta Business School @ Emory University's Diversity Weekend is November 10-12

CNA (Sep 27, 2006 5:55:00 PM)
Regarding the Consortium application, is everything weighted the same? Or are there some areas that are weighted more heavily than others?

Dennis (Sep 27, 2006 5:55:25 PM)
I started to apply to schools (Tepper) outside of CGSM. Recommendations have already been sent in. How do I direct my application materials, that were received by Tepper, towards CGSM?

Jose R. Espino (Sep 27, 2006 5:55:46 PM)
Does CSGM forward applications that are submitted before Dec 1 to the schools that an applicant has chosen, i.e., is it possible to participate in the schools' first round of admissions.

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 5:56:25 PM)
Dennis: is Tepper the only school to which you are applying. If not, you will need to complete the entire application. If Tepper is your only choice ask them to fax a copy to our office.

PJ (Sep 27, 2006 5:57:19 PM)
Is it better to schedule your interview with a Consortium alum or with a school representative? Does it matter?

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 5:57:19 PM)
CNA: Weight given to different areas may depend on the individual schools. You should ask admissions at the schools to which you are applying. Many consider all pieces of the application equally. If you are weaker in some areas, you want to be sure you balance that with strengths in others.

Diana (Sep 27, 2006 5:57:25 PM)
If I am applying through the consortium and have not done it yet and I already have to schedule the interview, should I go ahead and interview?

AliciaValenciaCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 5:57:32 PM)
Jose: USC's early decision deadline is well before Consortium - Nov. 1st. However, in order to express interest in USC, you can always do this in your ranking order

DarrylIsomCGSMEmory (Sep 27, 2006 5:57:38 PM)
Sandy: No, at Emory the order in which you rank your schools will not affect your admission decision/chances.

Q. Love (Sep 27, 2006 5:58:14 PM)
What can Consortium candidates whom have had a non-traditional work experience background do to ensure they present the best application possible?

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 5:58:25 PM)
Diana: It is okay to go ahead with the interview even if you have not yet applied.

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 5:58:48 PM)
PJ, it really does not matter if your interview is with a school representative or a Consortium alum but most applicants prefer to meet with a school rep.

BeckySharkCGSMRoss (Sep 27, 2006 5:59:04 PM)
The link for information for the Ross Diversity weekend is www.bus.umich.edu/Admissions/Diversitty/Upclose/upcloseReg.asp

booksRfun (Sep 27, 2006 5:59:05 PM)
Does it matter if we interview with consortium alums or with the individual school reps?

jorhojr (Sep 27, 2006 5:59:16 PM)
To any rep: Typically, are the students that apply through the Consortium considered as competitive as those who apply through the normal process?

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 5:59:22 PM)
books: I answered that with PJ

HaleyWhitlockGyoryCGSMUVA (Sep 27, 2006 5:59:32 PM)
Q. Love--If you have non-traditional work experience, use the essays to articulate what team and leadership experiences you have and the other strengths that you would contribute.

MonicaFarrellCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:00:00 PM)
Jorhojr, at Marshall, the answer is "yes!". The students that apply through the Consortium are as competitive as those who apply through the normal process.

krispybakon (Sep 27, 2006 6:00:04 PM)
Do the schools that are a part of the Consortium only accept their minority students through this program?

Guest (Sep 27, 2006 6:00:09 PM)
Ricky, prepare for the interview like you would a job interview. Understand why you are ready for the MBA and how will it benefit your career. Think of examples that will demonstrate your leadership and other MBA skills.

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:00:25 PM)
Jorhojr: our applicants are just as competitive as those who apply directly to the schools

DarrylIsomCGSMEmory (Sep 27, 2006 6:00:26 PM)
Q. Love. At Emory we look for applicants who make a valuable contribution in the classroom - those who have demonstrated excellence in their professional and academic careers. To engage thought-leaders who have demonstrated leadership outside the classroom - candidates who know how to balance teamwork with individual achievement.

Guest (Sep 27, 2006 6:00:43 PM)
All diversity weekends are listed on the Consortiums web site. Please visit the site to learn about all schools, Wisconsin is set for November 9-11.

BeckySharkCGSMRoss (Sep 27, 2006 6:00:46 PM)
Johnny- consortium applicants are evaluated on the same criteria as other reps. A good application is a good application, no matter what the source.

Sean M (Sep 27, 2006 6:00:55 PM)
Has the Consortium process changed at all from last year?

Diana de la Teja (Sep 27, 2006 6:01:10 PM)
Hi Linda, I have a GPA of 3.78 cum and 3.98 my concentrations, but I can't seem to get past a 560 on the GMAT, how do the admissions offices look at this? I am just not good at standardized tests so what can I do to work over that part of the application?

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:01:21 PM)
SeanM: The Consortium process has not really changed over the years.

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 6:01:47 PM)
krispybakon: Sometimes, there are minority students who do not go through Consortium. It is not a requirement and they would be considered along with any other applicant.

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:02:01 PM)
SeanM: the process is basically the same except we have added the membership piece as part of the process

AliciaValenciaCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:02:58 PM)
Diana- definitely play up other parts of your application with your low GMAT score. Tell us what leadership opportunities you've had in your current position. Add supplemental recommendations which can be as informal as email and we'll attach it to your file. Talk about your work with the community.

HaleyWhitlockGyoryCGSMUVA (Sep 27, 2006 6:03:42 PM)
Diana--and don't be afraid to address your lower GMAT score and what steps you've taken to address it.

AliciaValenciaCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:04:09 PM)
I agree with Haley

Donnidra Sardine (Sep 27, 2006 6:04:12 PM)
If I have done extensive research on and contacted my top schools, prepared to take the GMAT, and started drafting my essays, what advice would you give me to avoid common application mistakes?

california5 (Sep 27, 2006 6:04:25 PM)
Hi everyone, & thanks for your time. I completed my BS back in '02 and was curious about the two letters of recommendation...should I try to get two professional letters, or one academic & one professional, or two academic?? Would academic letters seem too outdated in my case, being that I haven't been in school in over 4 years..?

AliciaValenciaCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:04:46 PM)
Donnidra: Common mistakes in application essays are spelling/grammar errors.

CNA (Sep 27, 2006 6:04:58 PM)
Do schools have a pre-determined number of Consortium students and fellows that they will accept?

AliciaValenciaCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:05:11 PM)
Donnidra - Definitely have someone review your essays

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 6:05:12 PM)
Donnidra: Proofread your essays!! Be sure that you aren't mentioning the wrong school in the body of your essays (a VERY common mistake!)

HaleyWhitlockGyoryCGSMUVA (Sep 27, 2006 6:05:14 PM)
California5--we prefer professional recommendations but above all, all recommendations should be relevant..

BeckySharkCGSMRoss (Sep 27, 2006 6:05:22 PM)
Donnidra-make sure you take advantage of the school specific essay. Show us why you want to get an MBA from our school.

Paul Hunter (Sep 27, 2006 6:05:24 PM)
How do you handle a situation where you may not be ready to inform your current supervisor of your full time MBA when it comes to recommendations?

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:05:38 PM)
CNA: yes, the number of CGSM fellows accepted varies from school to school

harvey (Sep 27, 2006 6:05:55 PM)
This question is to any member on the panel at USC. I have all of my package information together and ready to apply, Being a 10 year working professional, I am concerned about my GMAT score. I have taken several practice tests and an 8 week study course. I finally took the real exam two weeks ago. It was pretty low. Is there an actual target minimum score you look for in an applicant? I want to make sure that I am not wasting anyone's time by applying with a lower score?

HaleyWhitlockGyoryCGSMUVA (Sep 27, 2006 6:05:59 PM)
Paul--you may want to ask a client and/or a colleague to do your recommendation in the case that you may not be ready to inform your current employer about your plans..

Liliana (Sep 27, 2006 6:06:15 PM)
UNC will be one of the schools I"ll be applying to through the Consortium. I know that UNC requires their own application to be submitted in addition to the application for the Consortium. I might not be able to submit the UNC application by Dec 1 but do plan to submit the Consortium application by Dec 1st. Will this be a problem?

AliciaValenciaCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:06:37 PM)
Harvey: we don't have minimum GMAT at USC, however we do have medians and 80% ranges.  You can find that information on our website.  Also, know that you are not wasting our time, the GMAT is just one portion of your application we will evaluate - recommendations, work experience, your story; all of these things will give us a clear idea of who you are as a student/person.

BeckySharkCGSMRoss (Sep 27, 2006 6:06:40 PM)
Paul, you can find other recommenders who are familiar with your work. Applicants in this situation should make sure they explain their choice or recommenders in a situation like this.

T. Marsh (Sep 27, 2006 6:06:45 PM)
Regarding the Consortium application, is it possible to obtain the set of questions that are sent to our recommenders??

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 6:06:56 PM)
Paul: First, you want to let the School know. You can discuss with an Admissions member personally or address it in your essays. This is common and as long as you are up front with it, it isn't a problem (don't let us imagine why you haven't asked your current employers).

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:07:14 PM)
Liliana: you need to submit the UNC application as close to the deadline as possible.

MonicaFarrellCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:07:30 PM)
Donnidra, It is also important to double-proof read your essays if you mentions the names of schools you are applying to -- make SURE you do not send another school's name to a school. You would be surprised how often this happens!

Tiffany L (Sep 27, 2006 6:07:50 PM)
Good evening everyone. This question is directed toward Becky Shark. I know that the UpClose weekend is Nov 2-3, and on the consortium website those are the listed dates for the interviews. Is it possible to get interviews outside of that time?

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:08:30 PM)
TMarsh: About obtaining the set of questions that are sent to your recommenders, contact Becky in the CGSM office on Monday, she will be able to help you. The questions are general

New York (Sep 27, 2006 6:08:39 PM)
Are schools able to view how you ranked them? If so does ranking have an impact on whether or not you are offered a fellowship?

Diana de la Teja (Sep 27, 2006 6:08:50 PM)
I work for Boeing and since we are a particularly autonomous group (being in such a big company) my direct supervisor doesn't actively interact with me every day and I'm not sure he can write a good recommendation letter and being in a rotational program for the past three years I'm not sure I have a manager who can. What do you suggest?

Guest (Sep 27, 2006 6:09:10 PM)
Diana, yes you can go ahead and still do the interview prior to submitting your application.

BeckySharkCGSMRoss (Sep 27, 2006 6:09:22 PM)
Tiffany- You can contact our interview office to set up an interview outside of that time. You can do so by visiting our website.

Puerto Rico (Sep 27, 2006 6:09:23 PM)
Jackie, I am applying as a re-applicant this year. What is CGSM's expectations with regard to my essays? Can my goals be completely different this time around?

DarrylIsomCGSMEmory (Sep 27, 2006 6:09:46 PM)
California5: You should obtain letters of recommendation from those who can provide insight into your ability to complete a MBA program. You should make sure that these individuals have your best interest at heart, and have an understanding of what a MBA admission committee is interested in knowing about you. It does not matter if your recommenders have an academic or professional relationship with you.

HaleyWhitlockGyoryCGSMUVA (Sep 27, 2006 6:09:55 PM)
Diana--Perhaps a colleague could provide an insightful recommendation.

MonicaFarrellCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:10:02 PM)
Diana, Sometimes a peer can work for a letter of recommendation if he/she can speak in detail (give specific examples) of your work ethic, leadership ability and team-player ability, how you can "bring out the best" in others.

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 6:10:04 PM)
New York: The schools can see how you ranked them. Before you submit your application, you need to make sure you are as comfortable with your last choice as you are with your 1st choice because if the 1st choice school does not give you the fellowship, the 2nd choice school will have the opportunity and so forth. The fellowships are not transferable. Therefore be careful with what schools you list. and in what order.

Michael-L.A. (Sep 27, 2006 6:10:07 PM)
Jackie: Will the Consortium fellowship pay for the MBA portion of a dual degree program at a member school?

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:10:26 PM)
Puerto Rico: if your goals are different then yes, change your essays when you reapply.

krispybakon (Sep 27, 2006 6:10:28 PM)
If someone interviews for the Consortium but does not get accepted, does he/she need to interview with another representative in order to obtain traditional admission?

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:10:58 PM)
MichaelLA: the Consortium will pay for the MBA portion only

jorhojr (Sep 27, 2006 6:11:01 PM)
To what extent of measurement or what level of importance do member schools of the consortium evaluate work experience?

Sandy (Sep 27, 2006 6:11:18 PM)
Under GPA, is it acceptable to use my major GPA instead of overall GPA?

Lauren T. (Sep 27, 2006 6:11:26 PM)
Jackie: What are some of the obligations that Consortium fellowship recipients are held to as they progress through business school? Are there any meetings, GPA requirements, evaluations, etc?

AliciaValenciaCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:11:38 PM)
jorhojr, we can only speak for USC in terms of the level of importance of work experience. It's used for us to evaluate your track record professionally also to see the kinds of leadership opportunities that you've had within your company

HaleyWhitlockGyoryCGSMUVA (Sep 27, 2006 6:11:52 PM)
Sandy--we need your cumulative GPA.

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 6:12:11 PM)
Sandy: No, you need to put your cumulative GPA. You can list your major GPA on your resume, however. We will look for general trends in your transcript, so will see why your cum GPA is not as good as your major GPA.

BeckySharkCGSMRoss (Sep 27, 2006 6:12:28 PM)
Sandy- you should use your overall GPA. We will see your transcript and you don't want us to see a discrepancy.

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:12:43 PM)
LaurenT: The obligations for Consortium fellowships vary from school to school according to Monique Moreland, Tepper...please contact the individuals schools for details

Diana de la Teja (Sep 27, 2006 6:12:48 PM)
Consortium Rep: How do I set up an interview if I want to apply to three schools? How do the admissions offices look at a student who applies to F/T and P/T programs in case I do not get a fellowship my work will help me pay for a masters but I have to work full time.

DarrylIsomCGSMEmory (Sep 27, 2006 6:13:43 PM)
Krispybakon: No, you do not need to interview with another representative if you do not get accepted through the Consortium. At Consortium schools, your Consortium interview will fulfill all interview requirements.

MonicaFarrellCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:13:45 PM)
Jorhojr, to build on what Alicia's answer after "professionally"...and to assess your potential to contribute to the classroom and ultimately to advance post the MBA

AliciaValenciaCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:14:04 PM)
Diana- you only need one consortium interview and it can be at any consortium school. At Marshall you cannot apply to two programs at a time

mnieto (Sep 27, 2006 6:14:15 PM)
Does the CGSM interview member know the ranking prior to the interview? I live on the west coast but an east coast program may be higher on my list than schools closer for an interview

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 6:14:39 PM)
Diana: schools may also ask for their own interview if they have specific questions after reading your application - but you will only have one Consortium interview.

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:14:52 PM)
Mnieto: the interviewer is not aware of the rankings unless you share that info with him/her

HaleyWhitlockGyoryCGSMUVA (Sep 27, 2006 6:14:54 PM)
Diana, we also encourage you to interview at the other schools you're interested in if your schedule permits.

ngafua (Sep 27, 2006 6:15:00 PM)
How does the consortium view an applicant who has taken the GMAT more than once? Does the consortium consider the highest score?

Anne (Sep 27, 2006 6:15:11 PM)
Any rep: thank you for your time tonight. What would you consider the least acceptable GMAT score for acceptance?

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:15:37 PM)
Ngafua, our member schools use the highest GMAT score if you took it more than once.

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 6:15:59 PM)
Anne: GMAT ranges from school to school. You need to talk with the individual schools.

T. Marsh (Sep 27, 2006 6:16:05 PM)
I don't have a particularly strong undergraduate GPA, nor a lot of involvement in activities in my undergrad experience, will these things largely affect how schools will view me as an applicant? How would you recommend I approach things with regard to the Consortium application??

BeckySharkCGSMRoss (Sep 27, 2006 6:16:07 PM)
Krispybakon-At Ross you may need a Ross specific interview in addition to your Consortium interview. Our new interview policy is by invitation only and the need for a Ross specific interviews is determined by the Admissions Committee.

AliciaValenciaCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:16:58 PM)
T. Marsh- I would definitely address your low GPA and reason for little involvement. Don't stop there though; make sure you state what you've learned and how you're involved now

Puerto Rico (Sep 27, 2006 6:17:05 PM)
Jackie: I understand that as a re-applicant you only require one recommendation; however, can more than one be submitted? How many recommendations would you consider prudent?

HaleyWhitlockGyoryCGSMUVA (Sep 27, 2006 6:17:20 PM)
T. Marsh--If you don't have a strong undergraduate GPA or were not involved in a lot of activities, be sure to highlight the activities you're currently involved with outside of work so that the schools can get a sense of how you'd contribute as a student.

BeckySharkCGSMRoss (Sep 27, 2006 6:17:34 PM)
Anne- At Ross, we don't have a GMAT cut-off but applicants should be in within the range of our average GMAT scores. Other components of the application can compensate for a lower GMAT score.

KarimS (Sep 27, 2006 6:17:44 PM)
Will the same admissions officer read all of the applicant's essays? Can I assume that the experiences I have discussed in earlier essays are known to the officer who is reading my later essays?

DarrylIsomCGSMEmory (Sep 27, 2006 6:17:47 PM)
Chris: Schools usually do not have cut off scores, but averages based on their applicant pool. A strong GMAT is very important no matter what school you apply to. The top b-schools look for well rounded applicants, not just GMAT scores.

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:17:47 PM)
PR: we will accept two new letters of recommendations from re-applicants

PJ (Sep 27, 2006 6:18:19 PM)
Does acceptance by a Consortium school guarantee acceptance by the Consortium for the fellowship? In other words, can/will the Consortium turn down an applicant even though 1 or more of the Consortium schools accepted the applicant?

dcrayton2003 (Sep 27, 2006 6:18:45 PM)
Regarding the GMAT, do schools generally frown on significant separation between Verbal and Quant scores? I have a good score over all, but my verbal is in the 90th percentile and my quant is in the 60th. Is retaking the GMAT seen as a negative or positive?

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:19:28 PM)
KarimS: one person will read all of your essay questions

Paul Hunter (Sep 27, 2006 6:19:42 PM)
Any additional tips on the school specific essays?

AliciaValenciaCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:19:43 PM)
Dcrayton: I would check on the GMAT part of your question with specific schools we do consider quantitative especially since you'll be doing considerable quantitative work in your MBA program. Also, retaking the GMAT is not necessarily seen as negative.  Sometimes it actually shows determination on your behalf

BeckySharkCGSMRoss (Sep 27, 2006 6:19:55 PM)
Karim- At Ross, readers read the entire application.

HaleyWhitlockGyoryCGSMUVA (Sep 27, 2006 6:20:03 PM)
Paul--For the school specific essay, show us that you've done your research on our school, talked with current students, alumni, etc.

Linda Abraham (Sep 27, 2006 6:20:03 PM)
Paul, show how your MBA will take you with your current experience and education to your goals. Actually how the specific program will take you where you want to go.

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 6:20:09 PM)
Karim: same at Simon, one person reads the whole application

MonicaFarrellCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:20:29 PM)
Paul, We like to see clearly defined short-term and long-term goals post the MBA in your essays. We want to see that your post MBA goals are in line with your past experience and how the MBA currently fits in your life...

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:20:38 PM)
KarimS: your essays are part of the application and will be read as part of the complete package

ECM (Sep 27, 2006 6:20:56 PM)
How many individuals applied through the consortium last year? How many were accepted to their top schools?

BeckySharkCGSMRoss (Sep 27, 2006 6:21:06 PM)
Paul-Know the school. The admissions committee can easily spot a generic essay.

JRS (Sep 27, 2006 6:21:22 PM)
Jackie: For the UNC application, do I pay the school's application fee & the consortium application fee?

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:21:23 PM)
ECM: over 700 applied through the Consortium last year. Total Admits 367; Total Fellowship Offers 286

Diana de la Teja (Sep 27, 2006 6:21:28 PM)
Hi Alicia: Thanks for the earlier comments, I made really close academic relationships with many of my professors because of working with them on projects for the classroom and one even picked me to do an internship, is there any way that those could count as supplemental references or should they come from other sources better. Thanks again.

DarrylIsomCGSMEmory (Sep 27, 2006 6:21:51 PM)
PJ: No. Acceptance by a Consortium school does not guarantee the Consortium fellowship. You may be accepted to the Consortium and enjoy the non-financial benefits of the Consortium, but not offered a fellowship.

Lauren T. (Sep 27, 2006 6:21:53 PM)
For all school reps: What quantitative background would you expect the ideal MBA candidate to have? In college, I took one Accounting course and 2 Statistics courses but I have not taken Calculus since high school (AP AB Calculus). Are there any specific requirements?

HaleyWhitlockGyoryCGSMUVA (Sep 27, 2006 6:22:32 PM)
Lauren--we don't require stats or accounting but like to see them.

AliciaValenciaCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:22:34 PM)
You're welcome Diana. Yes, recommendations from professors could definitely work as supplemental references

Cata (Sep 27, 2006 6:22:42 PM)
Going back to the school ranking. I understand that the ranking is not viewed during the application process. However, how does this work to get fellowships? Is it possible that the first ranked school doesn't give you a fellowship, but the second ranked school does?

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:23:17 PM)
JRS: yes, you are required to pay both fees...if you receive the fellowship, it will be worth it

MonicaFarrellCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:23:32 PM)
Lauren - Basically, we're looking for a tight focus when presenting your case for B-school.

Tania (Sep 27, 2006 6:23:37 PM)
Although, there is only one official interview....can interviews be scheduled at other schools of interest?

BeckySharkCGSMRoss (Sep 27, 2006 6:23:40 PM)
Lauren-At Ross, we strive to create a class with diverse work and educational backgrounds. Many of our students do not come from quant backgrounds. We do expect that our students have a working knowledge of college level math however. Many students decided to take a refresher course in math, accounting, etc. the summer prior to starting their MBA. We also offer a quantitative skills workshop right before orientation in August for new admits who want to brush up on their quant skills.

KarimS (Sep 27, 2006 6:24:02 PM)
What are some examples of how past students have demonstrated a commitment to the consortium's mission?

GI Jones (Sep 27, 2006 6:24:08 PM)
Any lessons learned concerning your former military MBA candidates?

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 6:24:11 PM)
Lauren: the MBA is quite quantitative, so we usually advise a calculus class in college. Many programs also offer math review classes prior to the start of classes (during Orientation for example).

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:24:20 PM)
Cata: All of your ranked schools will see your rankings although it does not come into play until fellowship offers are made. If you are not offered a fellowship by your top ranked institution you will be considered by the next ranked school who admitted you

HaleyWhitlockGyoryCGSMUVA (Sep 27, 2006 6:24:26 PM)
Tania--yes, you can schedule interviews at other schools of interest and we encourage you to come to Darden to interview even if it's not your Consortium interview.

Donnidra Sardine (Sep 27, 2006 6:24:48 PM)
Are the Fall 2007 CGSM fellowships for full-tuition only? Previously, I think some schools offered 75% tuition fellowships if the candidate did not list that school as the first choice. Is this the case this year?

Puja (Sep 27, 2006 6:25:01 PM)
Are business related internships considered to be valuable work experience by admissions directors?

AliciaValenciaCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:25:25 PM)
Donnidra - consortium fellowships are only full-tuition

DarrylIsomCGSMEmory (Sep 27, 2006 6:26:09 PM)
Karims: To show dedication to the Consortium's mission, write your essay from your heart, and tell YOUR story. Schools look for diversity in their student bodies, therefore let the special qualities that you have shine in your essay!

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 6:26:13 PM)
GI Jones: students coming from a military background are usually very good teammates and great leaders as well. These are both characteristics that are appealing in an MBA candidate.

BeckySharkCGSMRoss (Sep 27, 2006 6:26:17 PM)
Puja- internships are taken into consideration but more emphasis is placed on post bachelor work experience.

Xavi (Sep 27, 2006 6:27:07 PM)
Do any of the Consortium Fellows blog about their experiences in school? I am trying to get a better idea of the different member schools.

Justin Settles (Sep 27, 2006 6:27:18 PM)
What can you say about the coop opportunities available to fellowship recipients during their grad terms?

BeckySharkCGSMRoss (Sep 27, 2006 6:27:27 PM)
GI JOnes - I agree with Stefanie.

MonicaFarrellCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:27:31 PM)
Paul, Lastly...We understand that an applicant's direction may change during the MBA program --its just part of the learning process-- but if we see that he/she can focus at the beginning/application process then we know he/she is capable of re-focusing during the MBA, gaining employment soon after graduation.

AliciaValenciaCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:27:36 PM)
Xavi: check with individual schools on this. Presently we don't blog, however it's something we're moving toward. We hope to have current students blog their experiences throughout the year so that you can get an idea of a typical day in the life of........

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:27:42 PM)
Karim: each individual is different. some things that show your commitment to the Consortium's mission are big brother/big sisters, volunteering with Black Hispanic and Native youth

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 6:28:11 PM)
Xavi: Simon will be doing the same as USC in terms of blogs.

chicago again (Sep 27, 2006 6:28:13 PM)
This question is for all the schools. Do you make public, how many full-tuition fellowships you offered last year? Will that number remain the same this year? Thanks

Kia (Sep 27, 2006 6:28:35 PM)
I am having particular difficulty with the "describe a significant professional accomplishment" essay question. I just started a new job, so haven't had a chance to make much of a mark, and my last job was in government with very little upward movement possibilities. Is it okay to talk about my volunteer job in this regard?

Michael-L.A. (Sep 27, 2006 6:28:40 PM)
Alicia and Monica: I will be interviewing next week at USC...any gems of advice?

Diana (Sep 27, 2006 6:29:05 PM)
Daryl: If I am applying to Emory could I get into the one year program or evening program, or the consortium would be just for the two year program?

Cata (Sep 27, 2006 6:29:25 PM)
Good evening everyone. How important is the school ranking for fellowships? Is it possible to not get a consortium fellowship from your first ranked school, but get one from another school?

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:29:27 PM)
Chicago again: 386 fellowships were offered this year and it varies from year to year

BeckySharkCGSMRoss (Sep 27, 2006 6:29:29 PM)
Chicago- I don't think we make the number of fellowships public, but we do plan on offering the same number this year that we did last year.

MonicaFarrellCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:29:30 PM)
Hi Michael. Bring your resume and be prepared to tell us your academic and professional story beginning from graduation from undergrad up until today. Highlight certain points (good or bad) that stand out in your mind. Know why you are applying specifically to USC and to Marshall

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 6:29:40 PM)
Kia: we are really looking for an accomplishment that is work-related, but you could add something about your volunteer accomplishments.

DarrylIsomCGSMEmory (Sep 27, 2006 6:30:01 PM)
Justin Settles: I assume you mean types of internships available? Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. American Express Company The Bank of New York & The George Link, Jr. Foundation The Broad Center for the Management of School Systems Cargill, Incorporated Chevron Corporation The Coca-Cola Company Colgate-Palmolive Company Coors Brewing Company Credit Suisse DaimlerChrysler Deloitte Foundation Eli Lilly and Company Emerson Ernst & Young Exxon Mobil Corporation General Motors Corporation Goldman, Sachs & Co. The Guidant Foundation IBM International Foundation ING America J.P. Morgan Johnson & Johnson Liberty Mutual Group Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc. Microsoft Corporation Miller Brewing Company National City Corporation PepsiCo Pfizer Inc. S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. Target Corporation Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. UBS Global Asset Management

Jose R. Espino (Sep 27, 2006 6:30:29 PM)
I have gathered that there are a limited number of consortium fellowships at each school. Am I only competing against the other CGSM applicants? What happens if the school likes my application but there are no CGSM spots?

AliciaValenciaCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:30:44 PM)
Cata: you would first have to be admitted to be considered for a fellowship, but you can definitely be offered a fellowship to a school other than your first choice ranked school

chicago again (Sep 27, 2006 6:30:52 PM)
At Ross, has anyone received a fellowship that was not invited to an interview?

BeckySharkCGSMRoss (Sep 27, 2006 6:31:53 PM)
Chicago- No, no one has received a fellowship that was not invited for an interview. But again, our invite only policy for interviews is new this year.

Tiffany L (Sep 27, 2006 6:32:24 PM)
Becky - If the interviews at Ross are invitation only, how can I register on the website? How does one go about getting an invitation to interview?

Richie (Sep 27, 2006 6:32:29 PM)
Does the fellowship award cover out of state fees?

DarrylIsomCGSMEmory (Sep 27, 2006 6:32:38 PM)
Diana: The Consortium fellowships are only available for the two year program.

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:32:39 PM)
All Applicants: You must be admitted to at least one Consortium school to be considered for membership and fellowships

jorhojr (Sep 27, 2006 6:32:54 PM)
CGSM: Do schools read the consortium specific essays as well their own?

BetsyKacizakCGSMWisc (Sep 27, 2006 6:32:59 PM)
Richie, the fellowship will cover your tuition, whether it is in or out of state.

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 6:33:06 PM)
Jose: Simon reviews all the CGSM applicants together, but their candidacy is compared to our general pool of applicants. You may be admitted as a CGSM student (with no fellowship), but you get the benefits of the Consortium network.

mnieto (Sep 27, 2006 6:33:13 PM)
How do schools view AWA scores compared to overall score?

MonicaFarrellCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:33:21 PM)
Also regarding interviews, we make it a point not to read your file before your interview so that we make have an un-biased view of you (in person) as a person

california5 (Sep 27, 2006 6:33:29 PM)
Jackie, what happens if you're unsure if one of the people writing a letter of recommendation can follow through by 12/1?? is it possible to send out "back-up" links for recommenders??

AliciaValenciaCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:33:51 PM)
Michael- in addition to Monica's points, remember that this is one of the only times you'll have in front of an admission officer. in addition to the "business" part of you, we want to get to know you as a person as well

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:33:58 PM)
Cali5: I would be careful sending extra recommendations if you are not sure if the person can follow through by 12/1.

BetsyKacizakCGSMWisc (Sep 27, 2006 6:34:08 PM)
mnieto, your AWA score is factored in when reviewing the GMAT. As you might be aware, it is not part of the overall GMAT score.

BeckySharkCGSMRoss (Sep 27, 2006 6:34:10 PM)
Tiffany- We are making exceptions for Consortium interviews. You do not need an invitation to do a Consortium interview. You can contact our interview office to set that up. You will probably need to call the interview office directly. The Ross interview is by invitation only. It's a little confusing, I know. Feel free to contact me directly if you have further questions. My email is rshark@umich.edu.

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 6:34:13 PM)
jorhojr: Schools read all your essays - both CGSM and their school-specific.

Lauren T. (Sep 27, 2006 6:34:28 PM)
What is the Consortium's view of the ideal fellowship candidate? What are the qualities and/or experiences that will set a CGSM candidate apart from the rest of the MBA applicant pool beyond being accepted into one of the member schools?

new yorker (Sep 27, 2006 6:35:01 PM)
Hi, if you are not accepted as Consortium fellow, would you be considered for regular admission for your selected schools?

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:35:08 PM)
Cali5: if we receive 2 and your preference is the 1st and 3rd recommendations, we can not guarantee which 2 will be considered

DarrylIsomCGSMEmory (Sep 27, 2006 6:35:09 PM)
Jorhojr: Schools read the Consortium essays if you apply via Consortium. If you want to submit additional essays beyond the Consortium essays you should contact the school directly.

Kia (Sep 27, 2006 6:35:18 PM)
Is there any additional information that may not be included in the Consortium application that schools may require further down the road as a condition of acceptance?

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 6:35:26 PM)
New yorker: yes, you can be admitted as a CGSM student without a fellowship.

PJ (Sep 27, 2006 6:35:33 PM)
I earned a 4.0 GPA from Gupton-Jones College in Atlanta, Georgia (A.S. in Mortuary Science). I then earned a 3.9 GPA from Lynn University in Boca Raton, Florida (B.S. in Business Administration). Now, I know my undergrad institutions are not well known, if at all. Is a 3.9 GPA from a small, unknown private school viewed in the same light as a 3.9 from a well know state/private university?

MonicaFarrellCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:35:38 PM)
New Yorker, The answer at USC Marshall is "yes", you would be considered for regular admission for your selected schools if you are not accepted as a Consortium fellowship

Puja (Sep 27, 2006 6:35:54 PM)
Is visiting the school and sitting in on classes noted by the admissions committee and if so, is this considered to be a plus when taking the application into consideration?

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:36:07 PM)
Lauren: The Consortium does not make admissions offers. Our member schools make fellowship offers also

HaleyWhitlockGyoryCGSMUVA (Sep 27, 2006 6:36:13 PM)
New Yorker--the answer at Darden as well is yes, you would be considered for regular admission for your selected school if you are not accepted as a Consortium fellowship

Richie (Sep 27, 2006 6:36:13 PM)
How do you regard applicants who are somewhat uncertain about post MBA goals? I would like an MBA more so for the leadership, strategic management aspects and general exposure.

BetsyKacizakCGSMWisc (Sep 27, 2006 6:36:20 PM)
Lauren T, The ideal fellowship candidate  is a school specific question because your admission is based on each schools applicant pool. I would suggest you review your schools class profile. That will help you determine your fit with the school and how competitive your application will be compared to the schools applicant pool.

Puerto Rico (Sep 27, 2006 6:36:23 PM)
Jacky: Should supplemental references be sent to CGSM or to the individual schools?

MonicaFarrellCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:36:51 PM)
Puja, The more "snapshots" (within reason) you can provide for us in getting to know you, the better.

AliciaValenciaCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:37:07 PM)
RIchie: many times we find that students firm their post MBA goals as they're going through their MBA experience. This is okay. however you need to be focused on why you want to pursue an MBA. how is this going to help you, even if it's in the short term.

New York (Sep 27, 2006 6:37:10 PM)
What determines whether or not a school will offer you a fellowship?

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:37:13 PM)
PR: Send supplemental materials directly to schools...let them know you are applying thru CGSM

chicago again (Sep 27, 2006 6:37:26 PM)
Ross, did you offer any fellowships to students that ranked you as 2nd or 3rd? If so, were what percentage fellowships were they?

DarrylIsomCGSMEmory (Sep 27, 2006 6:37:31 PM)
Kia: If any school would like additional information from you in order to make a decision, they will contact you directly.

BeckySharkCGSMRoss (Sep 27, 2006 6:37:31 PM)
Puja- visiting the school shows a definite interest on your part. It can help but we don't penalize someone if they can't visit our school. Not everyone has the time or resources to do so. There are other ways to demonstrate interest like attending events we host in your city, reaching out to alumni and current students, and phone counseling appointments.

Gabriel Vega (Sep 27, 2006 6:37:33 PM)
What criteria is used to determine whether an applicant receives the fellowship, assuming that he/she has been accepted to a member university?

LK Andrews (Sep 27, 2006 6:38:10 PM)
What percentage of students fresh out of college are admitted to the Consortium? I'm a 2006 graduate with great internship experience but no professional experience.

BeckySharkCGSMRoss (Sep 27, 2006 6:38:20 PM)
Chicago- Yes, we did offer fellowships to applicants who ranked us 2nd or 3rd. I don't know the percentages though.

MonicaFarrellCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:38:32 PM)
We also want to strongly second Becky Shark's last answer about visiting schools

HaleyWhitlockGyoryCGSMUVA (Sep 27, 2006 6:38:39 PM)
Chicago--Same for Darden, we did offer fellowships to applicants who ranked 2nd or 3rd.

chris (Sep 27, 2006 6:38:44 PM)
What text is sent to the person who is writing a recommendation, I am bit worried my boss will hesitate if knows that I will be pursuing a full time MBA.

AliciaValenciaCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:38:51 PM)
LK andrews: at USC Marshall our average student has five years of work experience. We have admitted folks with less than 5 years, however they have been solid candidates and have done a lot in the short time they been employed (in way of leadership/respn) etc.

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:38:51 PM)
NY and Gabriel: the fellowships are merit based, you are competing with everyone else who ranks the same schools

MonicaFarrellCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:39:00 PM)
Correction -- Becky's second to last answer.

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 6:39:31 PM)
LK Andrews: Please check with the individual schools. Some member schools are open to new graduates, some have minimum experience required. At Simon our average is 4.6 yrs of exp, but the range is 0 to over 10 years of experience.

Sean M (Sep 27, 2006 6:40:01 PM)
what is expected of you if you are accepted as a consortium member? Do you have to intern with a consortium sponsor?

HaleyWhitlockGyoryCGSMUVA (Sep 27, 2006 6:40:12 PM)
LK Andrews--we've seen more "early career" applicants with 0-3 years experience as of late.

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:40:15 PM)
Chris: your boss will probably figure it out that you will be pursuing an MBA...call Jackie at the CGSM on Monday and we can discuss this further

california5 (Sep 27, 2006 6:40:15 PM)
jackie, I thought you said earlier there were 286 fellowships offered, not 386??

DarrylIsomCGSMEmory (Sep 27, 2006 6:40:38 PM)
PJ: Yes. Small unknown schools are viewed the same way as well know schools. We are looking at the quality of your undergrad work, not the reputation of the school.

ngafua (Sep 27, 2006 6:40:43 PM)
How many consortium fellowships were awarded at Darden last year?

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:41:18 PM)
california, sorry! we had 367 admits and 286 fellowship offers

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 6:41:29 PM)
LK Andrews: the recent graduates have to be outstanding on all fronts: natural leaders, strong academically, very motivated, excellent part-time internship experiences.

KarimS (Sep 27, 2006 6:41:30 PM)
I have spent a lot of time during my academic and professional life focusing on creating a safer more accepting environment for minorities, often through personal initiatives, and I have been through a number of experiences that are very much typical of the struggle that minorities must face in the US. Does my experience growing up in such an environment and dealing with such issues automatically mean that I am committed to the Consortium's goals and mission or should I focus more on how I have specifically helped others rather than myself?

BetsyKacizakCGSMWisc (Sep 27, 2006 6:41:44 PM)
Sean M, you do not have to internship with a consortium company.

Jose R. Espino (Sep 27, 2006 6:42:00 PM)
Linda: First off, thanks to Stefanie. Do the other schools follow the same process?

AliciaValenciaCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:42:16 PM)
Karim: address both how you helped others and yourself.

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:42:19 PM)
Ngafua: I think Darden is offline...I don't remember how many offers they made

Napolean (Sep 27, 2006 6:42:34 PM)
How are older applicants viewed by admissions committees? Is the GMAT less of a focus for individuals that scored poorly on the exam yet have an extensive background in a highly quantitative field post undergrad?

jorhojr (Sep 27, 2006 6:42:38 PM)
Alicia and Monica, thanks for your previous responses: does intended concentration affect the application at Marshall?

BetsyKacizakCGSMWisc (Sep 27, 2006 6:42:46 PM)
Jose, many of the schools have similar views to Rochester.

HaleyWhitlockGyoryCGSMUVA (Sep 27, 2006 6:42:51 PM)
Jackie--Darden is still here; however, I don't have the number of offers . . .

Michael-L.A. (Sep 27, 2006 6:43:04 PM)
Hello Monica and Alicia...OK, thank you for that information. I really appreciate it.

MonicaFarrellCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:43:12 PM)
Jorhojr: Not at all. Students may concentrate in 2 specific areas in business or double-concentrate in 1 area or completely generalize it's very flexible

LK Andrews (Sep 27, 2006 6:43:13 PM)
Does the application have to be submitted before setting up an interview?

Kia (Sep 27, 2006 6:43:24 PM)
Is it looked at negatively by a school if you choose to interview with a different Consortium school and not them?

AliciaValenciaCGSMUSC (Sep 27, 2006 6:43:29 PM)
Michael- sure thing! looking forward to meeting you!

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 6:44:00 PM)
LK Andrews: no, the application does not need to be submitted prior to the interview

Linda Abraham (Sep 27, 2006 6:44:33 PM)
Thank you again all for participating this evening. Special thanks to all the Consortium representatives here this evening.

DarrylIsomCGSMEmory (Sep 27, 2006 6:44:36 PM)
Napolean: We do not consider age when making our admissions decisions.

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 6:44:39 PM)
Kia: no, it is not looked at negatively if you interview with a different Consortium school. We all work together and understand you are applying to multiple schools.

BetsyKacizakCGSMWisc (Sep 27, 2006 6:44:53 PM)
Kia, you can interview with any school for your consortium interview, however some schools will still require you to do a school specific interview (not considered a consortium interview). You should contact the schools you are interested in to find out their interview policy.

Linda Abraham (Sep 27, 2006 6:44:54 PM)
We look forward to seeing you at future chats. Here is a list of currently scheduled chats:

BeckySharkCGSMRoss (Sep 27, 2006 6:45:15 PM)
Nap- we would take your work experience into account and it could compensate for a lower GMAT score. I think what is important is that you explain why now is the time for you to get your MBA.

Linda Abraham (Sep 27, 2006 6:45:17 PM)
Sept. 29 -- Wharton. (That’s this Friday!) Oct 3 & 5 -- Forte Oct. 10 -- London Business School Oct. 16 -- Chicago GSB Oct. 18 -- Haas

Linda Abraham (Sep 27, 2006 6:46:01 PM)
Please check http://www.accepted.com/chat/schedule.aspx#mba for exact times and details.

Linda Abraham (Sep 27, 2006 6:46:24 PM)
Have a very good evening! Good luck with your applications!

Stefanie at Rochester (Sep 27, 2006 6:46:37 PM)
Thanks for chatting everyone! Good luck with your applications!

JackieOldenConsortium (Sep 27, 2006 6:47:21 PM)
Thank you everyone, we are glad to assist, the next chat will be Oct 25

Information about Accepted.com's consulting and Editing Services

MBA Chat Transcript Index || Chat Room