Consultant Profile: Dr. Christie St-John
Why Work with Christie?
- 25 years in higher ed and admissions, with ten years in admissions at Dartmouth’s Tuck School of Business
- Former director of MBA recruiting and admissions, director of international relations, and adjunct faculty member at Vanderbilt University’s Owen Graduate School of Management
- Served on the board of directors of the MBA Career Services & Employer Alliance and the Consortium for Graduate Studies in Management and as a liaison with Management Leadership for Tomorrow, the Forte Foundation for Women, the Service Academy Career Conference, and Military MBA
- Experienced in commercial real estate, the oil and gas industry, and marketing
- PhD in French, Italian, and second language acquisition from Vanderbilt University
- Certificate in Leadership Excellence from the Vanderbilt University Executive Institute
What Christie Has to Say
“What I have enjoyed most in my 25 years in higher ed and admissions has been working with students – watching them grow, develop, and succeed in their careers. You might think that after all these years, the job would be routine, but no. Each candidate is an individual, and each one needs different guidance and advice. I tend to develop very close relationships with my clients, and I am as excited as they are when they call to say they’ve been admitted to the school of their dreams.
No matter how many applications I’ve read or how many interviews I’ve conducted, I still find coaching exciting and fulfilling. I’d love to work with you to highlight your unique qualities and help you find the right school and the right career path that will make you happy and successful.”
What Else You Should Know about Christie
- Located in Florida
- Loves spending time with her dogs Sam and Bailey, painting or metalsmithing, trying out new recipes on unsuspecting friends, playing golf and pickleball, and watching ice hockey
- Lived in France for eight years