Consultant Profile: Kelly Wilson
Why Work with Kelly?
- As the former executive director of admissions at Carnegie Mellon’s Tepper School and assistant dean of admissions at Georgetown’s McDonough School and the University of Pittsburgh’s Katz School, has 23 years’ experience overseeing admissions committees and has reviewed more than 38,000 applications for the MBA and master’s programs in management of information systems, computational finance, business analytics, and product management
- Has worked closely with organizations that add value to the candidate experience, including the Forté Foundation, Management Leadership for Tomorrow, the Consortium for Graduate Study in Management, Admit.me, Access MBA, Reaching Out MBA, and Military MBA
- Uses a straightforward and organized approach to coaching candidates, who describe her as warm, supportive, and focused on understanding them and their goals
- BA in psychology from Grove City College
- MBA from George Mason University
- MS in management of information systems from the University of Pittsburgh
What Kelly Has to Say
“Considering an MBA? As you know, it is a game changer for your career trajectory. You want to embark upon this journey with an understanding of the resources available to support your success. Nothing gives me more pleasure than contributing to the success of prospective students!
I will use the insights I gained in working across various business schools and programs to help you create an application that will capture the attention of admissions teams wherever you apply."
What Else You Should Know about Kelly
- Located in Pittsburgh, PA (Go, Steelers!)
- First-generation college student who finds intrinsic value in helping prospective students discover possibilities for their future
- Has visited more than 43 countries and enjoys trying the local cuisine, especially any local interpretation of her favorite ice cream flavor – chocolate with chocolate and more chocolate