MBA Application Weaknesses
Let's face it—nobody's perfect. Everyone has flaws (MBA applicants included!), but you shouldn’t passively let flaws ruin your candidacy.
Do you have a low GPA or a not-quite-high-enough GMAT score? Are you older or younger than the average applicant to your target program? Have you had a habit of frequent career switching in the past, or have you recently been laid off? Answering "yes" to any of these questions doesn't disqualify you from the MBA marathon—you just need the right techniques to help you mitigate these weaknesses.
Below you'll find numerous resources that will help you tackle your MBA application weaknesses head-on, so that despite your shortcomings, you present yourself as the confident, competent, and highly prized applicant that you are.
- That GMAT Score: Implications for Your MBA Application, a free webinar.
- How to Get Accepted to Top B-Schools with Low Stats, a free webinar.
- 3 Steps for Handling a Low Undergraduate GPA
- Low Stats
- Dealing with a Low GPA
- How MBA Adcoms Evaluate Your GPA
- Handling a Low GMAT Quant Score
- Approaching the Quant Aspects of Your Application
- Setbacks and Resilience, a video.
- Writing about Weaknesses, a video.
- Linda Abraham on Overcoming Weaknesses
- Younger Applicants
- Older Applicants
- Disclosing a Learning Disability
- Explaining Frequent Job Switching
- How to Handle a Criminal Record
- Lack of Extracurricular Activities
- Laid Off! How Will it Affect Your Application?
- Admissions Warning for All
- Common MBA Essay Topics
- Flaws Make You Real
- Weakness? What Weakness?
- Pick Yourself Up and Applaud
Are you seeking more in-depth, individualized advice for your MBA application? Do you have questions about how your weakness or flaws may affect your application? Choose from Accepted's MBA application consulting services to work one-on-one with an experienced editor and admissions expert!