Okay, so you didn't get the instant acceptance that you had hoped for, but this admissions story isn't over yet – there are concrete steps you can take to get yourself off the medical school waitlist and onto the list of accepted students and future doctors. The following resources will help you tip the scales in your favor.
- Help! I've Been Waitlisted!, a podcast episode
- 3 Topics to Discuss in Waitlist Correspondence, a video
- The Long Wait for Medical School Applicants
- Writing Effective Waitlist Letters: A Quiz
- Increase your Chances of Acceptance While Waitlisted
- 4 Must-Haves in a Med School Letter of Interest
- How to Write Waitlist Update Letters
- When Will Medical Schools Give You an Answer?
Need help moving from the waitlist to the admit list? View our catalog of medical school waitlist services to receive one-on-one assistance for every step of the waitlist process.