Okay, so you didn't get the instant acceptance that you had hoped for, but this admissions story isn't over yet – there are concrete steps you can take to get yourself off the medical school waitlist and onto the list of accepted students and future doctors.
The medical school waitlist advice found in the resources below will help you tip the scales in your favor by teaching you how to write stellar waitlist updates, secure winning letters of support, and more:
- Help! I've Been Waitlisted!, a podcast episode
- 3 Topics to Discuss in Waitlist Correspondence, a video
- Four Must-Haves in a Med School Letter of Interest
- The Long Wait for Medical School Applicants
- Increase your Chances of Acceptance While Waitlisted
- How to Write Waitlist Update Letters
- When Will Medical Schools Give You an Answer?
View our catalog of medical school waitlist services to receive one-on-one assistance for every step of the waitlist process.
"I just wanted to let you know that I was accepted at the Indiana University School of Medicine this week. I plan on attending medical school there next fall. Thank you for helping me with my personal statement. Your advice was invaluable. Thank you again."