Consultant Profile: Michelle Stockman
Why Work with Michelle?
- Former staff member with the Columbia Business School admissions office, with firsthand insight into what makes an application shine and how decisions are made
- Former reporter and broadcast journalist who knows how to find an applicant’s story and make it compelling, as well as how to capture someone’s attention for a stellar interview
- More than 15 years coaching hundreds of MBA, EMBA, and grad school candidates to acceptances at all top U.S. and European programs, including those at Harvard, Stanford, and Wharton, with many receiving merit-based scholarships
- BA in history from Brigham Young University
- MS in journalism from Columbia University
What Michelle Has to Say
“I have both the insider knowledge of admissions and expertise in shaping narratives that can propel you to the front of the pack.
Do you need help developing essays that reveal your compelling vision, achievements, and authentic voice? I’m the consultant for you.
Do you want to work with someone who’s spent years both in front of and behind the camera and knows how to hook an audience? I’m the consultant for you.
Let’s collaborate and put my perspective and experience to work for you!“
What Else You Should Know about Michelle
- Has lived and worked in New York City; Washington, DC; India; Pakistan; Qatar; Germany; France; and China, which has attuned her to the challenges international clients face and how to guide their thought process during school selection
- Enjoys cycling around the lakes of Berlin and going for a swim, as well as taking nighttime nature walks
- Loves Japanese food
- Enjoys discovering quirky music and theater performances in Europe’s cultural capitals